Where is. DESKTOP. translation files

Syed Qadeer

May 28, 2013, 2:04:06 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hello friends,

i need to .do the translation for the desktop page and i need to know where is the translation file. for the desktop.

Syed Qadeer

May 28, 2013, 2:38:26 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
and how to translate search criteria names, as even if i change the. language to arabic i am still getting english names.

please help this is urgent for me.

Rushabh Mehta

May 28, 2013, 2:43:56 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Syed,

Search Criteria is going to be deprecated in an upcoming release.

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

Rushabh Mehta

May 28, 2013, 2:45:11 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Syed,

You will have to understand a bit more how the translation works. Like I said earlier, all translations are in the app/translations folder. You can update the csv file and run (for Arabic)

lib/wnf.py --import_messages ar app/translations/ar.csv

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 28-May-2013, at 11:34 AM, Syed Qadeer <sdqad...@gmail.com> wrote:

hello friends,

i need to .do the translation for the desktop page and i need to know where is the translation file. for the desktop.

Syed Qadeer

May 28, 2013, 2:51:35 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the response, rusabh.

but i. found the locale folder in the app/accounts/somepage/locale and it contains ar.json file

so please tell me , how should i translate , should i just go to the ar.csv or those json as well

On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 09:45:11 UTC+3, rushabh wrote:
Syed,

You will have to understand a bit more how the translation works. Like I said earlier, all translations are in the app/translations folder. You can update the csv file and run (for Arabic)

lib/wnf.py --import_messages ar app/translations/ar.csv

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 28-May-2013, at 11:34 AM, Syed Qadeer <sdqad...@gmail.com> wrote:

hello friends,

i need to .do the translation for the desktop page and i need to know where is the translation file. for the desktop.

Rushabh Mehta

May 28, 2013, 2:59:19 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
If you update directly in the page folder, you will loose your translation, next time someone updates "all" the translations.

Right way is to update the CSV then import (it will update your page folders too).

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

Syed Qadeer

May 29, 2013, 8:15:39 AM5/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
how should i IMPORT the CSV,

i have uploaded the CSV in the translations folder ,yet there is no update on the website at all.

please help me this is very quick and urgent.

Rushabh Mehta

May 29, 2013, 8:19:08 AM5/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Syed,

It would really help if you read my earlier mails carefully and save everyone some time. It was clearly mentioned:

lib/wnf.py --import_messages ar app/translations/ar.csv

Also we try to be as helpful as possible on a voluntary basis. Please don't depend on us for "urgent" issues.

best,
Rushabh

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta

Syed Qadeer

May 31, 2013, 3:26:12 PM5/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rusabh,

i have tried what u have told me, but there's no luck as it keeps on giving me UTF-8 issue all the time, i am sure that the csv file is utf-8 as i set the encoding to utf-8,

i have even opened the file in notepad and set the encoding as utf-8 and uploaded back , and i have downloaded your file from the github , uploaded it and yet it doesnt work in ar.csv but i tried to import messages from fr.csv , yet it works perfectly, i dont know what is the problem it keeps on throwing the following error:

root@system:/var/www/erpnext# python lib/wnf.py --import_messages ar app/translations/ar.csv

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/wnf.py", line 494, in <module>
    run()
  File "lib/wnf.py", line 463, in run
    webnotes.translate.import_messages(*options.import_messages)
  File "/var/www/dafater/lib/webnotes/translate.py", line 245, in import_messages
    _update_lang_file('doc')
  File "/var/www/dafater/lib/webnotes/translate.py", line 228, in _update_lang_file
    langdata = get_lang_data(basepath, lang, mtype)
  File "/var/www/dafater/lib/webnotes/translate.py", line 267, in get_lang_data
    langdata = json.loads(langfile.read())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 671, in read
    return self.reader.read(size)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 477, in read
    newchars, decodedbytes = self.decode(data, self.errors)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: invalid start byte

Syed Qadeer

Jun 1, 2013, 7:19:21 AM6/1/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
thanks, it is FIXED.