Integration with POS

Gaurav Baraskar

Jun 10, 2013, 4:15:23 AM6/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

Please let me know what POS ( preferably open source) works with ERPnext.
What are the tech requirements ( like is it Web service based integration?)

Thanks
Gaurav

Anand Doshi

Jun 10, 2013, 4:23:06 AM6/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

Potentially, any POS should work.

We have a web service.
Here is the sample on how to invoke basic functions using python:

Thanks,
Anand.

Gaurav Baraskar

Jun 10, 2013, 5:14:54 AM6/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
what POS do you recommend ?

Anand Doshi

Jun 10, 2013, 8:08:29 AM6/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

I am not aware of any POS system. Maybe someone else in the community can shed more light on this.

Thanks,
Anand.

Gaurav Baraskar

Jun 13, 2013, 6:22:38 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I could not find the service URL :
http://localhost/webnotes/erpnext_master/public/server.py
Is there a seperate package to install webservices capabilities in erpnext?
for example openbravo has special package for webservice that needs to be installed.
I am using openbravoPOS to integrate with erpnext.

Anand Doshi

Jun 13, 2013, 6:26:28 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

Apache HTTPD server is required. If you already have that, check what your apache settings are.

What URL are you using to login to ERPNext?

-Anand.

Gaurav Baraskar

Jun 13, 2013, 6:46:12 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I have the complete environment setup with apache httpd server on ubuntu 13 and all pre-reqs as mentioned in the install doc.

am using  http://erpnext.local:8080/login to login.

My apache settings are : contents of conf file as below:
____________________________________

Listen 8080
NameVirtualHost *:8080
<VirtualHost *:8080>
    ServerName localhost
    DocumentRoot /home/erp/erpnext/public/
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .xml .py

    <Directory /home/erp/erpnext/public/>
        # directory specific options
        Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

        # directory's index file
        DirectoryIndex web.py

        AllowOverride all
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all

        # rewrite rule
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
        RewriteRule ^([^/]+)$ /web.py?page=$1 [QSA,L]
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Thanks
Gaurav

Gaurav Baraskar

Jun 13, 2013, 6:58:12 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
The installation steps we followed from here: https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/How-to-Install-ERPNext

Anand Doshi

Jun 13, 2013, 7:15:11 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Then you should use http://erpnext.local:8080/server.py

-Anand.

Prashant Rais

Jun 13, 2013, 8:28:55 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I saw a post mentioning that erpnext team were developing a POS solution/Integration. Could someone provide more information on this development?

Thanks

Umair Sayyed

Jun 13, 2013, 8:34:28 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Prashant,

POS invoicing feature is already available in ERPNext. We have customers in retail business using it actively. Please check following link to learn more about POS feature in ERPNext.

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/01/point-of-sales-transaction-in-erpnext.html

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Prashant Rais

Jun 13, 2013, 8:46:22 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Umair ,

I already went thru this post.
My question is : What POS System do you support  and have a working integration with?

to compare : openbravo erp works with openbravoPOS.

Thanks,
Prashant

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Prashant Rais <prasha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I saw a post mentioning that erpnext team were developing a POS solution/Integration. Could someone provide more information on this development?

Thanks

On Monday, June 10, 2013 2:44:54 PM UTC+5:30, Gaurav Baraskar wrote:
what POS do you recommend ?

On Monday, June 10, 2013 1:45:23 PM UTC+5:30, Gaurav Baraskar wrote:
Hi Anand,

Please let me know what POS ( preferably open source) works with ERPnext.
What are the tech requirements ( like is it Web service based integration?)

Thanks
Gaurav

Umair Sayyed

Jun 13, 2013, 9:50:20 AM6/13/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Prashant,

This query is already answered in very first response to this thread. Pasting the same below.

Potentially, any POS should work.

We have a web service.

Here is the sample on how to invoke basic functions using python:
https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework/blob/master/webnotes/utils/webclient.py

Also, following is link of a discussion with one of our customer who has developed an API for POS invoicing already.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/erpnext-developer-forum/ankit/erpnext-developer-forum/2TM0Tr_RILg/dehaCy8tZQQJ

Prashant Rais

Jun 14, 2013, 11:11:05 PM6/14/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
so If i use any POS system I should be able to integrate it with ERPnext using this webservice via a Data Integrator (ETL) tool.

Please provide some direction as to how you have done this.

Regards
Prashant
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 15, 2013, 12:56:45 AM6/15/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Prashant,

We have given you the API links and there are other threads on the forum discussing this. Please search them and help yourself.

best,
Rushabh

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta