ERPNext 4

Pratik Vyas

Feb 17, 2014, 2:01:04 PM2/17/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi community,

ERPNext 4 beta is out and here are the installation instructions.
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/wiki/Installing-ERPNext-4

The 4.0.0 version of the framework is renamed to frappe and so is our
organization on github. The version 3 of framework and erpnext
continue to exist on their old URLs (where your erpnext 3
installations point to).

This version should be production ready in a weeks time.

Also, a new dependency is lxml. Compiling lxml might fail on computers
with low memory. I tried to make a distribution independent statically
built wheel but it seems tricky, help welcome.

Pratik
erpnext

Jev Björsell

Feb 18, 2014, 10:54:41 AM2/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pratik, I'm looking forward to testing this out. I'll aim to do a few migrations in a sandbox system next week.

Holger Winkelmann

Feb 18, 2014, 1:21:42 PM2/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
after installation I get this problem while installing:

Receiving objects: 100% (305/305), 75.72 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (187/187), done.
MySQL root password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/env/bin/frappe", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe==4.0.0-beta', 'console_scripts', 'frappe')()
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 44, in main
    run(fn, parsed_args)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 65, in run
    out = globals().get(fn)(*args.get(fn), **args)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 58, in new_fn
    return fn(*args, **new_kwargs)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 250, in install
    install_app("frappe", verbose=verbose)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/installer.py", line 106, in install_app
    add_to_installed_apps(name)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/installer.py", line 124, in add_to_installed_apps
    rebuild_website_sitemap_config()
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/website_sitemap_config/website_sitemap_config.py", line 57, in rebuild_website_sitemap_config
    build_website_sitemap_config(app)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/website_sitemap_config/website_sitemap_config.py", line 84, in build_website_sitemap_config
    generators(["Generator", app, path, fname, basepath])
TypeError: 'list' object is not callable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/env/bin/frappe", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe==4.0.0-beta', 'console_scripts', 'frappe')()
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 44, in main
    run(fn, parsed_args)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 65, in run
    out = globals().get(fn)(*args.get(fn), **args)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 58, in new_fn
    return fn(*args, **new_kwargs)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 257, in install_app
    install_app(app_name, verbose=verbose)
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/installer.py", line 99, in install_app
    frappe.only_for("System Manager")
  File "/opt/erpnext-bench/src/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 268, in only_for
    raise PermissionError
frappe.PermissionError
[...]
Wrote sites/assets/js/frappe-web.min.js - 58k

Pratik Vyas

Feb 18, 2014, 4:03:04 PM2/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Holger,
The current develop is broken, please reset hard to 4.0.0-beta1. It should work.

cd src/frappe
git reset --hard 4.0.0-beta1
cd ../erpnext
git reset --hard 4.0.0-beta1

Drop the database and remove the sites dir, then try again.

Pratik
erpnext

Pratik Vyas

Feb 18, 2014, 4:06:00 PM2/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jev,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Jev Björsell <ebjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Pratik, I'm looking forward to testing this out. I'll aim to do a few
> migrations in a sandbox system next week.

By next week, the system should be in a better shape indeed. It might
interest you that we have a better API this time :)

Pratik
erpnext

Holger Winkelmann

Feb 18, 2014, 5:33:20 PM2/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The current develop is broken, please reset hard to 4.0.0-beta1. It should work.

cd src/frappe
git reset --hard 4.0.0-beta1
cd ../erpnext
git reset --hard 4.0.0-beta1

OK, works... Is there an admin user? or do I need to configure Email first? SignUP seems to need a email send function.

Pratik Vyas

Feb 19, 2014, 12:41:17 AM2/19/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Holger,

> OK, works... Is there an admin user? or do I need to configure Email first?
> SignUP seems to need a email send function.

Nice. The username is Administrator and password is admin.
You can either setup email or set passwords for your user from Setup
Administrator,
http://localhost:8000/app#List/Profile

>> Drop the database and remove the sites dir, then try again.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Pratik
>> erpnext
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/8b25b08b-a7ee-4c33-927d-59ee942bb5ab%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Sebastian Lungu

Feb 19, 2014, 11:23:44 AM2/19/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

I face some error on upgrade from v3.8.7 to v4.
Command output:

./scripts/install.sh migrate_3_to_4 /home/erpnext/erpnext/lsc/
New python executable in env/bin/python2.7
Not overwriting existing python script env/bin/python (you must use env/bin/python2.7)
Installing setuptools, pip...done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 2359, in <module>
    main()
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 828, in main
    after_install(options, home_dir)
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 2351, in after_install
    subprocess.check_output('/'.join([home_dir, 'bin', 'pip install -e frappe/ ']), shell=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 544, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '/home/erpnext/erpnext/erpnext-bench/env/bin/pip install -e frappe/ ' returned non-zero exit status 1

And the output of pip command:
###########

/home/erpnext/erpnext/erpnext-bench# /home/erpnext/erpnext/erpnext-bench/env/bin/pip install -e frappe/
frappe/ should either be a path to a local project or a VCS url beginning with svn+, git+, hg+, or bzr+
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

Can you provide some how to?

BR

Pratik Vyas

Feb 19, 2014, 12:00:07 PM2/19/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

To investigate the output of the pip command, run it from the src directory. Most likely suspect is lxml if you have low memory or have not installed the dependencies. If it fails to low memory, running it again might fix the problem as pip leaves the build directory intact while exiting and the compiler continues from where it left, I think. (on the $5 digital ocean droplet, it worked when I tried twice).

Pratik
Sent from phone

>> > email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/8b25b08b-a7ee-4c33-927d-59ee942bb5ab%40googlegroups.com.

>> --
>> Pratik
>> erpnext
>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d97c5a9a-e1fe-4b8d-a41f-83cee72a171a%40googlegroups.com.

Holger Winkelmann

Mar 4, 2014, 2:33:28 PM3/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

how is the current shape of version 4.0 now?

rushabh

Mar 5, 2014, 6:15:52 AM3/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
The bottleneck now is in setting up the production environment. ETA is 15th March

Testing is going on, on the side (thanks to Laurence and Aditya and others) and adding a lot more features as we go before final release.

Adam Tong

Mar 15, 2014, 2:24:31 AM3/15/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
version 4 ready?

Thanks

rushabh於 2014年3月5日星期三UTC+8下午7時15分52秒寫道:

Holger Winkelmann

Mar 15, 2014, 11:49:38 AM3/15/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm also wondering about the status of 4.0. The frappe-bench installation was running well once. But currently the update
fails and login with existing credential is not possible.. Lets see how it goes. Currently I see at least two methods describing how
to setup ERPnext 4.0, both of them seems to have problems, hope this will be clarified soon..

Holger

Pratik Vyas

Mar 15, 2014, 1:50:22 PM3/15/14

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Holger Winkelmann <hwi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also wondering about the status of 4.0. The frappe-bench installation
> was running well once. But currently the update
> fails and login with existing credential is not possible.. Lets see how it
> goes. Currently I see at least two methods describing how
> to setup ERPnext 4.0, both of them seems to have problems, hope this will be
> clarified soon..

The update script should work now (pull in bench). There was a typo.
We recently renamed Profile to User and so the latest version won't
run without database migration.

The bench is the way to go. I think I removed the old instructions.

Pratik
erpnext

Holger Winkelmann

Mar 16, 2014, 9:41:15 AM3/16/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
HI Pratik,

a fresh installation works now and the build command as well. A couple of permission messages are logged but in general it works.
Thank you for taking care abut the update script.

Adam Tong

Mar 18, 2014, 12:14:57 PM3/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I still fail in installing the erpnext 4 in a Centos server. Could you kindly tell me which linux distribution better to install version 4? and when will the stable version 4 release?

Many thanks.

Holger Winkelmann於 2014年3月16日星期日UTC+8下午9時41分15秒寫道:

Pratik Vyas

Mar 18, 2014, 1:23:05 PM3/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Adam Tong <adamto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I still fail in installing the erpnext 4 in a Centos server. Could you
> kindly tell me which linux distribution better to install version 4? and

Debain stable plus the steps here,
https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench should install erpnext. The
bench generates config for nginx and supervisor for production use.

You could use CentOS too but will have to procure Python2.7 and
manually install a more recent version of supervisor if you want to go
for production with it. The only reason for me to suggest Debian (or
Ubuntu LTS) is that they ship with Python 2.7 and more recent version
of supervisord.

Do post where you get stuck.

> when will the stable version 4 release?

The release will be soon, cannot give an exact date.

We have documentation to write and some bug squashing to do. If you
can test and report, that would be great :)

There should not be much difference (if any) in production setup.

Apologies for delay.

> Many thanks.

Pratik
erpnext