Pricing Rule Best Practices

Aditya Duggal

Jun 14, 2014, 4:31:57 AM6/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is for all those who are on v4 frappe. The v4 has got a beautiful new addition Pricing Rules. I know this is a big change from the item group based discount structure which was implemented more than 2 or 3 years ago.
But the new pricing rules have given us some headache, since the priority is not mentioned in the pricing rules which are converted from the old structure.
I would propose the standard good practices for the pricing rules, especially if they are based on Item Group (tree Structure).

Suppose we have a item group structure as below:

  • Group 1
    • Group 1.1
    • Group 1.2
      • Group 1.2.1
      • Group 1.2.2
The priority should be as per the below mentioned schema:

Group 1 - Priority 20
Group 1.1 - Priority 19
Group 1.2 - Priority 19
Group 1.2.1 - Priority 18
Group 1.2.2 - Priority 18

and so on with priority decreasing in number but getting more priority for lower most item group.

Kindly let me know if this a good idea to follow such schema for priority or is there a better method which is known to the developers or the