Use Separate Database Server for ERPNEXT installation

Dhaval Patel

Jul 10, 2014, 10:15:16 AM7/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How to install ERPNEXT using separate database server. I can't find anything where I can provide database host name. Please help me.

Thanks,
Dhaval Patel

Pratik Vyas

Jul 10, 2014, 10:17:20 AM7/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/76ea5c41-daac-407e-b77b-0b564b4194db%40googlegroups.com.

Hi Dhaval,

You can specify db_host in site_config.json

--
Pratik
erpnext

Dhaval Patel

Jul 10, 2014, 11:18:33 AM7/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Pratik,

Great, it worked for installed erpnext instance. How to specify host name while installing the erpnext.

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:47:20 PM UTC+5:30, Pratik Vyas wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Dhaval Patel <pateldh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to install ERPNEXT using separate database server. I can't find anything
> where I can provide database host name. Please help me.
>

> Thanks,
> Dhaval Patel
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Jul 10, 2014, 12:33:31 PM7/10/14
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Dhaval Patel <pateldh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pratik,
>
> Great, it worked for installed erpnext instance. How to specify host name
> while installing the erpnext.

I haven't tried that and I don't it's covered in the installer. Can
you raise a github issue for this (in frappe/frappe)?
>> > email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/76ea5c41-daac-407e-b77b-0b564b4194db%40googlegroups.com.
>>
>> Hi Dhaval,
>>
>> You can specify db_host in site_config.json
>>
>> --
>> Pratik
>> erpnext
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/e44b092b-7ede-418f-9fdd-aec474ed1e9e%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Rushabh Mehta

Jul 10, 2014, 12:39:36 PM7/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I don't think db_host is a parameter yet (yes raise the issue). hardcode here for now:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/e44b092b-7ede-418f-9fdd-aec474ed1e9e%40googlegroups.com.

Dhaval Patel

Jul 11, 2014, 1:18:17 AM7/11/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your prompt replies. I did created an issue in frappe/frappe as requested.

Javier Wong

Aug 20, 2014, 6:44:26 AM8/20/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

I could change the line "self.host = host or frappe.conf.db_host or 'localhost'" to "self.host = host or frappe.conf.db_host or 'DB_SERVER_IP'" and the install program would create the database in the external DB server which is great.

But it will also create user accounts in the database server that will limit the account to be connected from "localhost" only. Which script can we specify such that, the user account that is created, can be accessed from remotely?

Thank you.

Javier