Deployment via sub-URI http://my.domain.com/erpnext

Christoph H. Larsen

Jul 26, 2014, 4:26:42 AM7/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Is there any way to access ERPNext via sub-URI? This has some very real advantages in terms of cost-saving for SSL certificates. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!
Chris

Pratik Vyas

Jul 26, 2014, 1:06:49 PM7/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

You might be able to achieve this via nginx but we do not have urlroot
system in Frappe, so I wouldn't recommend that.

You can get a wild card certificate and host on subdomains or simply,
host it on a different port (ugly way).

Pratik
erpnext

Christoph H. Larsen

Jul 27, 2014, 11:25:17 AM7/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, Pratik - I am OK with Nginx as reverse proxy and am able to serive it (and some other applications) on standard ports. The question was really more targeted at the certificate issue. But of course, CaCert's wildcard certificates are the way to go, if we cannot get it going in a sub-URI to keep StartSSL happy.
Thanks a lot, indeed!
Chris