New db?

Luis Fernandes

Sep 15, 2014, 10:00:27 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I.

I want to make a new db (dbteste) in the same site with an already existent db, named site1.local. One is for production (site1.local) and the other is for testing.

I try bench frappe --install dbteste and i get Exception: Database site1.local already exists.

What should i do?

Thanks.

Pratik Vyas

Sep 15, 2014, 11:13:37 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
>
> 1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this
> forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if
> you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount
> would be helpful.
> 2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/6b9094bd-02d6-4222-8f9d-211c67d9bfb7%40googlegroups.com.

For a test instance, make another site.

`bench new-site site2.local`
`bench set-nginx-port site2.local 82`
`bench setup nginx`

Then reload nginx and you've a test site running on port 82.

--
Pratik
erpnext

Luis Fernandes