Fleet Management App

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Aug 25, 2014, 9:08:51 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
This is my first app with frappe. It is a module that is currently in the making. So, not production ready. I would love your feedback on this.

to test it out use the following commands:
bench get-app fleet_management https://github.com/dalwadani/fleet_management
bench frappe --install_app fleet_management site1.local

Dhaifallah

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 25, 2014, 9:19:41 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Daifallah - awesome :)

This has been on our list for quite some time.

Do you have a documentation on what you want to do with this? List of features, mockups etc?

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/5622ded8-d930-4d6e-ad23-8befabae8ec8%40googlegroups.com.

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Aug 25, 2014, 11:18:03 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
As for now, I am trying to implement these features:
  • Logging:
    • Odometer
    • Fuel (Most cars do not provide accurate reading so I am not sure how to do that.)
  • Scheduling:
    • Schedule maintenance  every X days or Y KM.
  • Tracking:
    • The vehicle status:
      • Active (is beeing used right now)
      • Available.
      • Out of service
    • The user (The employee who has the keys).
    • Location:
      • Automatically, GPS
      • Manually.
  • Integrate with ERPNEXT:
    • Add to Chart of accounts as assets.
    • Maintenance expenses.
    • Fuel expenses
    • Insurance expenses

This is just a rough list. I am not sure yet how the final version will look like.

Dhaifallah
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 26, 2014, 1:05:32 AM8/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Great - you want to add that to the wiki so that someone can update.

Also do have a look at some of the other fleet management apps out there...

One of the other big things could be vehicle booking and a vehicle calendar

@rushabh_mehta

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/464d9ef6-8d60-41ef-9caa-80954a3eeeb6%40googlegroups.com.