Blank sections in Opportunity after adding a field

Chris Horton

Aug 4, 2014, 2:18:16 PM8/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
We are using ERPNext 3.6.1. We tried adding a section header and a field to the Opportunity DocType to display a Link to a Sales Order. At first, it seemed to work, but now whenever we open up an Opportunity instance, all the sections are blank. In the Chrome JavaScript console, we also get an "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'hidden' of undefined" error at all-app.min.js, line 2205, but nothing else to provide further clues.

Any ideas how to fix this? We tried moving the added fields and removing them, but we can't get the section contents to show again.

See the attached screenshot for a view of both the problem and the JavaScript error in the Sources tab of Chrome.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 5, 2014, 12:34:37 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Could be that you have a Property Setter for a deleted Custom Field (?)

Check your property setters.

Please send screenshots via links

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d1738612-89d2-413d-b32f-631b3d764339%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Horton

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 5, 2014, 4:18:52 AM8/5/14
On 05-Aug-2014, at 10:48 am, Chris Horton <chris...@thedrainage.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything in particular I should look for while browsing our list of Property Setters? I see only one Property Setter in our list obviously related to Opportunity, but all of its fields are blank. Could this be the issue?

Yeah could be it. Just delete it and try.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/4bf966f9-4025-4b0f-b5a4-978f2bccc26c%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Horton

Aug 5, 2014, 9:17:29 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I deleted that, but it apparently had no effect.

I'm seeing one more Property Setter, apparently created sometime earlier today, named Opportunity-status-options but I am doubtful that one could be the cause (sine it was created after we had the problem). Browsing the list of Property Setters revealed nothing which was created or modified after late June and before today.

What else could this be?

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 9:40:59 AM8/5/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Chris,

Search for a Property Setter for property "hidden" in doctype "Opportunity" and "Opportunity Item"

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/69a2f402-bae4-4004-a20e-efd4b7604573%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Horton

Aug 5, 2014, 9:54:25 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I just went through all the Property Setters in the list, and the only ones with the property "hidden" are:
  • Item-naming_series-hidden
  • Item-item_code-hidden
  • Employee-naming_series-hidden
  • Employee-employee_number-hidden
  • Customer-naming_series-hidden
Could any of these be causing the problem? I did not find any which set "hidden" in Opportunity nor Opportunity Item.

[...]

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 10:09:19 AM8/5/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Chris,

Check these:
  • Is there a Custom Script for Opportunity
  • List all property setters on Opportunity and Opportunity Item and check if there is a value for property depends_on
  • It could be a bug and a newer version of version 3.x could help.

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/8e000d67-bfd2-46a1-a87a-caa41227f277%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Horton

Aug 5, 2014, 10:38:27 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I checked these items:
  • There is no Custom Script for Opportunity (in fact, we don't have any Custom Scripts)
  • No Property Setters in the list are for Opportunity or Opportunity Item, and none of them have a value for property depends_on
  • We hope it's not a bug in our current version of ERPNext, because we're kind of stuck on it :P
Should I check the Opportunity and Opportunity Item DocTypes themselves to see if there's anything out of the ordinary in any of the rows?

[...]

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 11:20:50 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Chris

You can try updating to a minor version 3.14.1 in a copy of your system and check if gets solved.

Sent from my phone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/ca6701bd-be81-49b6-8816-bd9618d68c24%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Horton

Aug 6, 2014, 9:32:24 AM8/6/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
This is resolved now. I feel so dumb.

What happened was I made a change to Sales Order to allow users to link to Opportunities related to that Sales Order on there in a table. The link was directly to Opportunity, rather than creating a new Sales Order Opportunity child table. As a result, neither adding rows to this table nor the sections in Opportunity were working.

I'm leaving the solution here as future reference. I feel so dumb now. :P