installation problems

Amy Cancryn

May 29, 2013, 5:11:04 AM5/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am having a ton of problems installing erpnext. I cannot get it installed on debian or centos. I followed the instructions on github.
Is there anyone who can help me.

Thanks

Rushabh Mehta

May 29, 2013, 5:16:30 AM5/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Which step are you stuck at? What is the message you are getting?

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

Amy Cancryn

May 29, 2013, 1:32:44 PM5/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On centos,
the site does not go to :8080
I get the apache welcome page.

I think I have an issue setting up the virtual hosts in apache.

Can I use the nginx webserver instead of apache?

On Debian, I the prerequisites don't install properly and when I run the install file .py It throws a ton of errors. I will retry.

Thanks

On 29-May-2013, at 2:41 PM, Amy Cancryn <sup...@firebrandpublishing.com> wrote:

Hello,
I am having a ton of problems installing erpnext. I cannot get it installed on debian or centos. I followed the instructions on github.
Is there anyone who can help me.

Thanks

Amy Cancryn

May 30, 2013, 12:45:37 AM5/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
This is the error I get on debian

fatal: destination path 'lib' already exists and is not an empty directory.
fatal: destination path 'app' already exists and is not an empty directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 170, in <module>
    install()
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 13, in install
    setup_folders(install_path)
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 32, in setup_folders
    os.mkdir(public)
OSError: [Errno 17] File exists:

Rushabh Mehta

May 30, 2013, 1:02:23 AM5/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Amy,

On centos,
the site does not go to :8080

Can you paste the apache settings page on gist.github.com / pastebin.

When you restart apache, do you get an error?

I get the apache welcome page.

I think I have an issue setting up the virtual hosts in apache.

Can I use the nginx webserver instead of apache?

We have not tried yet but I am sure there might be a way.

On Debian, I the prerequisites don't install properly and when I run the install file .py It throws a ton of errors. I will retry.

Thanks

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:16:30 AM UTC-4, rushabh wrote:
Which step are you stuck at? What is the message you are getting?

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 29-May-2013, at 2:41 PM, Amy Cancryn <sup...@firebrandpublishing.com> wrote:

Hello,
I am having a ton of problems installing erpnext. I cannot get it installed on debian or centos. I followed the instructions on github.
Is there anyone who can help me.

Thanks

Rushabh Mehta

May 30, 2013, 1:17:31 AM5/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
You are trying to run the script a second time. Delete all the folders or run the script in an new folders.