Custom Report Location

Nguyen Do Le Bao

Jun 13, 2014, 5:40:30 AM6/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

This might be a very dumb question... But where should the location of custom reports be ? (I am using ERPNext 4.0)
If I specify the report as Standard, and reload, the folder/files will be generated under [module]/report/[report_name]. That's good, i will just add the columns and stuffs from there.

But if it's a custom report, where should it be ? Should I just create a folder with a file name match the report_name (substituted space with _) ?

Thank you!

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 13, 2014, 5:58:06 AM6/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Custom Reports don't throw anything in the repo. Actually any thing custom like "Custom Script" or "Custom Field" is db-only.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/a18c4e5b-4cac-43ca-9c0e-08a61b0e344b%40googlegroups.com.

Nguyen Do Le Bao

Jun 13, 2014, 6:05:36 AM6/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I see, thank  you!

So that means: if i wanna use 'Script Report' then it gotta be 'Standard Report'.
Otherwise, if I use 'Query Report', is there a way to filter the output (Maybe just name one example report, I will try to imitate that).

Thank you!

On 13-Jun-2014, at 3:10 pm, Nguyen Do Le Bao <natha...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 13, 2014, 8:00:28 AM6/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Query Reports are just simple SQL queries without scripting ability.

You should use Script Report if you want to do filtering.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/3922f88c-3e34-413a-8958-295b53a824a3%40googlegroups.com.

Aditya Duggal

Jun 14, 2014, 12:28:26 AM6/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would like to know the location of the script report in v4.
I have found that the location of script reports in a module are as below:

/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/app-name/app-name/report/report-name

If the above location is correct then, I seem to have run into a problem.

The problem is that when I change the report's python file it is not reflecting in the report. I have just overwritten the updated py file through filezilla.

Please let me know how to ensure that the reports' code is updated.

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 14, 2014, 12:38:43 AM6/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Should work - make sure you are checking the right report. Or if you have multiple benches setup then you are editing in the right bench.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/5a9ef96d-b483-4b3c-af21-81a34c0acdda%40googlegroups.com.