which inspires frappe work?

Y Y

Sep 17, 2014, 8:41:59 PM9/17/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

Just curious,
e.g. the permission design
      the way to create app
      translations.

etc.

any open source or tech inspires that?

Thanks,
Yang

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 18, 2014, 1:19:41 AM9/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yang,

Good question :) there is no easy answer.... we keep improvising as we go along.

We did failed implementations for translations 2-3 times before finding the right mix - If compare it with gettext and other solutions, we think its much easier :)

I guess permissions were designed from scratch...

Also we are not afraid to build things from first principles - I know some people cringe when I say this, but times and assumptions are changing fast and the amount of technology available is also changing fast.

Here is a list we compiled a few months back:

I think we must also add Xiaomi to that list now. They are pretty inspiring too they way they are redefining the smartphone market :)

best,
Rushabh

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/593a7e29-b287-48e9-993a-9f8f633aea9e%40googlegroups.com.

Y Y

Sep 18, 2014, 1:38:36 AM9/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I understand, the decision never be easy to make, even the translation(_() or gettext). It is more hard to make decision to re-write(if i remember correctly, rewrite starts on 2012?) to stick to principle.

This is maybe the charming part of the product(instead of project), one is showing the best, one is the showing the timeline.

From what i can see, Web Note will take a big step from this year. Congratulations guys.

Also thank you bring xiaomi, as a Chinese, i didn't use xiaomi, as its marketing is very great which lead lazy users like me no time to click "apply“ now in 2 minutes every Tue, otherwise, you will need to pay extra 50% for extra channels. which we don't pay for that. haha.

在 2014年9月18日星期四UTC+8下午1时19分41秒,rushabh写道:

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 18, 2014, 2:10:31 AM9/18/14
On 18-Sep-2014, at 11:08 am, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, I understand, the decision never be easy to make, even the translation(_() or gettext). It is more hard to make decision to re-write(if i remember correctly, rewrite starts on 2012?) to stick to principle.

This is maybe the charming part of the product(instead of project), one is showing the best, one is the showing the timeline.

Thanks! Btw, we are working on a new timeline update - emails and communication threads are all part of the timeline:

From what i can see, Web Note will take a big step from this year. Congratulations guys.

Also thank you bring xiaomi, as a Chinese, i didn't use xiaomi, as its marketing is very great which lead lazy users like me no time to click "apply“ now in 2 minutes every Tue, otherwise, you will need to pay extra 50% for extra channels. which we don't pay for that. haha.

Yeah we wrote a simple javascript with a "setInterval" hack to trigger the button click :))

but I think Xiaomi will refine the smartphone market. They are pricing at 50% of the competition and they are going directly to the consumer - removing the distributor and retailer  - also they don't spend as much on PR and advertisement... Also what they are doing with MIUI is also very cool - they have good taste....

I think they might just do for Chinese consumer companies what Sony did for Japanese companies... Make them cool

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/1b80a133-833c-463a-acaa-eb1fa73dc7ca%40googlegroups.com.