How to use the downloaded release zipped file ?

HF

Apr 2, 2014, 5:36:10 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

I have downloaded the erpnext release 3.8.6 from the website, how to use it to put it on my earlier release 3 ?

When I copied the folders to app folder of my working erpnext 3 it gives me an error that couldn't find website folder.

Please advise.

rushabh

Apr 3, 2014, 1:40:19 AM4/3/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
HF,

you also need to run ./lib/wnf.py --update

so that all patches are executed.

also remember to update wnframework.

best,
Rushabh

HF

Apr 7, 2014, 6:35:32 AM4/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded also wnframework version 3.11.0 and when I run the command lib/wnf.py --update I got the error below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/wnf.py", line 12, in <module>
    import webnotes
  File "lib/webnotes/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from werkzeug.local import Local
ImportError: No module named werkzeug.local

Kindly advise.

Pratik Vyas

Apr 7, 2014, 6:38:10 AM4/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi HF,
Can you try,

python2.7 lib/wnf.py --update

> Kindly advise.
>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b537c64e-8665-4e49-a5ff-ac1333f3f626%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

HF

Apr 7, 2014, 7:00:12 AM4/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik;

I got the same error.

Pratik Vyas

Apr 7, 2014, 7:18:42 AM4/7/14

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM, HF <gm.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik;
>
> I got the same error.

Will have to know more about your configuration.

Did you already have erpnext running on WSGI?

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/58167772-17a3-489a-bb0f-0f24c4fcdebc%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Maxwell Morais

Apr 7, 2014, 8:07:21 AM4/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi, HF

install the package werkzeugwith this command pip install werkzeug

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

HF

Apr 7, 2014, 8:41:51 AM4/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik;

I think I don't have this WSGI  as my old version was 3.0
How to install this WSGI ?? or what do I need ???

Pratik Vyas

Apr 8, 2014, 11:42:07 PM4/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi HF,
Let's make it completely clear if you are not on WSGI. If use gunicorn
or `./lib/wnf.py --serve`, you are on WSGI (we call it version 3).

If you use Apache (with Python CGI), you are on version 2.

If you are on version 2 and want to goto version 3, the docs are here,
https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/Migrating-your-erpnext-instance-to-wsgi
and then for production use, follow
https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/WSGI-Production-Deployment

Sorry for the late reply.