sales invoice print only standard

in...@betabank.de

May 23, 2014, 3:57:30 AM5/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

when printing an invoice, only the standard option appears, do we have to activate the rest of printing formats?

We tried also to make a new custom sales invoice format but is not appearing in the select.

Thanks!

Nabin Hait

May 23, 2014, 4:03:39 AM5/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
No need to activate print formats, it always appear in the list. Please ensure you have correctly entered doctype, module in the print formats.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/441c0453-25e8-4b22-8a96-f0e3ed715b6a%40googlegroups.com.

in...@betabank.de

May 23, 2014, 6:07:44 AM5/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank you for the answer.

We have tried with Chrome and Firefox, and sometimes by refreshing appears the select with the formats but when selecting nothing changes from the format. Definitely, we think there is an issue here, has someone else experience a problem with invoice formats?

We noticed also that this is happening with Sales Orders, so probably can be an issue with the new printing function?

On 23-May-2014, at 1:27 pm, in...@betabank.de wrote:

[...]

Rushabh Mehta

May 23, 2014, 6:11:48 AM5/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Could be,

Can you raise an issue at GitHub?

@rushabh_mehta

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/4a6b59b5-801b-4f22-bdfd-2da064b54416%40googlegroups.com.

in...@betabank.de

May 23, 2014, 6:23:01 AM5/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Betabank Leipzig

May 26, 2014, 4:43:14 AM5/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we saw that this is labelled as a bug, is it possible to edit the standard template in the meantime? We do not see "Standard" in Print Format.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/0f6ded75-84fb-42e6-8181-a0c10c33c4b3%40googlegroups.com.

Rushabh Mehta

May 26, 2014, 6:53:03 AM5/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Betabank Leipzig

May 27, 2014, 11:38:55 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we saw that the issue 1681 is solved, but is the fix available? We updated to the last version and still we have the problem with printing. Sorry about the question, we do not know if the fixes are pushed right away after closing or later.

Rushabh Mehta

May 27, 2014, 12:56:11 PM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Pull request is not yet merged. Should be done tomorrow. Github closes them even if a fix is pushed in another fork.

@rushabh_mehta

Betabank Leipzig

May 30, 2014, 3:33:03 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry to insist about this, but we still cannot print invoices, is it a way of editing the standard print format until the fix comes?

Rushabh Mehta

May 30, 2014, 3:36:17 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
This has been fixed. Can you check again.

There could be an error in your custom format. You need to check your js console for a trace .

You can edit standard print formats, but they get overwritten.

@rushabh_mehta

Betabank Leipzig

May 30, 2014, 3:57:19 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i just tried git remote -v update and restart but is not being solved. We need a temporary solution, how can i edit the standard sales invoice format? Its OK if will be overwritten until we figure out what the problem is.

PD: how can we access the js console?

Betabank Leipzig

May 30, 2014, 4:06:32 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, you meant the js console of the browser, here is what we get, it seems clearly a js error:
Uncaught ReferenceError: getchildren is not defined VM113:57
si_std.print_other_charges VM113:57
(anonymous function) VM126:1
$.extend.run_embedded_js frappe.min.js:1649
$.extend.render frappe.min.js:1634
$.extend.build frappe.min.js:1633
(anonymous function) frappe.min.js:1514
o.event.dispatch jquery.min.js:3
r.handle

Please tell us how to edit the sales standard invoice format.

Thanks for your time.

Rushabh Mehta

May 30, 2014, 4:48:11 AM5/30/14
On 30-May-2014, at 1:27 pm, Betabank Leipzig <in...@betabank.de> wrote:

Hi, i just tried git remote -v update and restart but is not being solved.

If you are using frappe-bench, you need to run ./update.sh or frappe --latest along with pull. Mere pull will not rebuild js files.

We need a temporary solution, how can i edit the standard sales invoice format? Its OK if will be overwritten until we figure out what the problem is.

Setup > Printing > Print Format

PD: how can we access the js console?

Betabank Leipzig

May 30, 2014, 5:08:11 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
OK, this worked now with ./scripts/update.sh, we were doing only git remote -v update and restart

In general, what is the correct procedure to update to the latest version? This?
cd frappe-bench
git remote -v update
./scripts/update.sh

And then restart frappe?

Thank you very much.

Rushabh Mehta

May 30, 2014, 5:09:50 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
update.sh should also pull git repositories and restart

Betabank Leipzig

May 30, 2014, 6:25:00 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the quick answer. Is it possible to change the text 'Pincode' in the customer invoice address? It is more usual 'Zip code'.

Nabin Hait

May 30, 2014, 6:31:31 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
If you are using standard print format, then you can change the field label from Setup -> Customize Form.

To learn about form customizations, check https://www.erpnext.com/user-guide/customize-erpnext/customize-form

On 30-May-2014, at 3:54 pm, Betabank Leipzig <in...@betabank.de> wrote:

'Pincode'

Anand Doshi

May 31, 2014, 12:32:18 AM5/31/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi,

Regarding Pincode problem, as an immediate solution, go to Setup > Customize > Customize Form, select Address DocType and change the label of Pincode field to Zipcode, and click on the Update button.

Subsequent addresses generated will use Zipcode instead.

I've raised an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/1724

Thanks,
Anand.

John Wellar

May 31, 2014, 1:43:42 AM5/31/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
We are also experiencing this problem
The jsconsole  shows

This is what i get from js console
Uncaught ReferenceError: getchildren is not defined VM95:57
si_std.print_other_charges VM95:57
(anonymous function) VM105:1
$.extend.run_embedded_js frappe.min.js:1648
$.extend.render frappe.min.js:1633
$.extend.build frappe.min.js:1632
(anonymous function) frappe.min.js:1513