sudo not working on vm 190614

MidnightBolt

Jul 30, 2014, 9:28:54 AM7/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded the image from https://erpnext.com/downloads/ERPNext190614.ova and got it working perfectly first time. Thank you for the great work!

However, since I'm in Belgium, I'd like to change the keyboard configuration. On debian you should run the command 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration'. You have to enter the password for user erpnext so I type erpnext as the password. I get greeted with an error:

'Sorry, user erpnext is not allowed to execute ... as root on ...'

For any other command such as 'sudo ls' I get the same.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Midnight.

MidnightBolt

Jul 30, 2014, 9:45:19 AM7/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I did manage to do 'su' and then 'dpkg-reconfigure' so the keyboard problems are solved. However, I do find it strange that sudo does not work?

Pratik Vyas

Jul 30, 2014, 10:02:07 AM7/30/14
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM, MidnightBolt <dennis....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did manage to do 'su' and then 'dpkg-reconfigure' so the keyboard problems
> are solved. However, I do find it strange that sudo does not work?

The password for root and erpnext are same, 'erpnext'.

When you use su, you have to enter root password which you entered correctly :)

Pratik
erpnext