creating apps with frappe

Marta Ross

May 12, 2014, 12:57:56 PM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks,

Im testing creating a new app over frappe (fresh install only frappe, no erpnext). Everything is fine excepting that i cannot make the app icon on the desk.
I c the app installed (as in the application installer), created the models, created roles, users, clear cached.... no way, app wont appear on my desk.
Suggestions?

The other question is related to fields in tables. Despite the fact that i cant see my app, i can create docs of the type of my models. One of them has a data field and an html field.
Somehow when i file->new->myHtmlModel , i only see the data field and not the html field for editing/creating.
Dont know how to make it editable, as if i check "in field view" this is what i get: 'In List View' not allowed for type HTML in row 2.

Thanx!

Rushabh Mehta

May 12, 2014, 10:32:41 PM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Replies inline

@rushabh_mehta
via mobile

On 12-May-2014, at 10:27 PM, Marta Ross <marta.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello folks,

Im testing creating a new app over frappe (fresh install only frappe, no erpnext).

Great!

Everything is fine excepting that i cannot make the app icon on the desk.
I c the app installed (as in the application installer), created the models, created roles, users, clear cached.... no way, app wont appear on my desk.
Suggestions?

Check permissions. Must have permission on atleast one DocType. Also "type" property must be "module"

The other question is related to fields in tables. Despite the fact that i cant see my app, i can create docs of the type of my models. One of them has a data field and an html field.
Somehow when i file->new->myHtmlModel , i only see the data field and not the html field for editing/creating.

HTML field is usually scripted. To add static content, add in "options"

Dont know how to make it editable, as if i check "in field view" this is what i get: 'In List View' not allowed for type HTML in row 2.

HTML fields dont have a database column hence not shown in lists

Thanx!

Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/20c5ca5c-af2c-40a0-8948-e4e819dd0462%40googlegroups.com.

Marta Ross

May 13, 2014, 9:20:25 AM5/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey thank you Rushabh!

When you say that DocType "type" property must be "module", in the doctype form, the document type dropdown the options are: master, transaction, system, other. Where should I set that type = module?
Regarding permissions, I created a new role with read, write, create and delete at level 0. But the user having that role is still not getting the app on the desk.

Rushabh Mehta

May 14, 2014, 1:30:12 AM5/14/14

On 13-May-2014, at 6:50 PM, Marta Ross <marta.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey thank you Rushabh!

When you say that DocType "type" property must be "module", in the doctype form, the document type dropdown the options are: master, transaction, system, other. Where should I set that type = module?

In config/desktop.py

Check if this works