Install

John Hooks

May 9, 2014, 2:05:55 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I tried to install with the frappe-bench instructions.  However the install would fail unless I installed libblas-dev and liblapack-dev.  Are these supposed to be required?  Thanks!

Pratik Vyas

May 9, 2014, 2:18:05 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey John
These seem to be algebra libs and we don't use them.

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/bd1d7fae-ee01-4001-8095-75e1a3c987c4%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

John Hooks

May 9, 2014, 3:14:24 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks.  I'm not sure why it would fail without it.  It gave me the error x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc failed with exit status 1 and those seemed to clear it.  Oh well at least it installed.

On Friday, May 9, 2014 2:18:05 PM UTC-4, Pratik Vyas wrote:
Hey John

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM, John Hooks <hook...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to install with the frappe-bench instructions.  However the install
> would fail unless I installed libblas-dev and liblapack-dev.  Are these
> supposed to be required?  Thanks!

These seem to be algebra libs and we don't use them.

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

May 9, 2014, 3:35:55 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

GCC is known fail with bench if you have less memory (<1G). Running install a few times does work sometimes.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/2b57d19c-f75b-410f-a586-b4da1631ac17%40googlegroups.com.

John Hooks

May 9, 2014, 3:43:28 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I saw you posted that to someone else.  I have 2 gigs currently and it would fail everytime.  I did notice however I posted the wrong package.  It should be liblas-dev not libblas-dev.  Sorry about that.  Liblas-dev is an ASPRS LiDAR data translation library

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

John Hooks

Pratik Vyas

May 9, 2014, 4:13:31 PM5/9/14
On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM, John Hooks <hook...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw you posted that to someone else. I have 2 gigs currently and it would
> fail everytime.

Okay, then the problem would definitely be something else.

> I did notice however I posted the wrong package. It should
> be liblas-dev not libblas-dev. Sorry about that. Liblas-dev is an ASPRS
> LiDAR data translation library

Maybe any of the dependencies liblas-dev fixed the issue (no lasers in
our ERP ;)). I've tried with clean Ubuntu and Debian. Will check if
it's installed in the debian vm we ship.

John Hooks

May 9, 2014, 7:51:47 PM5/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Haha that would be cool if it came with lasers. If it helps I used Ubuntu server 13.10. I'm just glad it's working now :-)

Sent from my iPhone