customer PO number on invoice print format

Paul Dowd

Sep 22, 2014, 11:57:43 PM9/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Another one :)

In the Invoice Print Format...

How can I add the customer's PO Number as entered in the Sales Order to the invoice item lines. At the moment I have the DN showing, and it looks like I can show the SO, but I need the customer PO from the SO.

Cheers

Paul

Nabin Hait

Sep 23, 2014, 1:31:21 AM9/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Create a Custom Field for “Customer’s PO NO" inside Sales Invoice with same field name as in Sales Order. Then when you create sales invoice from sales order, PO No will get copied automatically.

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Paul Dowd

Sep 24, 2014, 6:44:51 PM9/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nabin,

It doesn't work so I'm assuming I did something wrong... here is my screenshot of the field I created.

How will this work when we are always creating the Invoice from Delivery Note? Both SO and DN have the same field so I don't see it being a problem. We follow the "Sales Order -> Delivery Note -> Sales Invoice" process.

Thanks

Paul

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 27, 2014, 1:18:52 AM9/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Paul you need to add it in the Delivery Note too if you are doing Sales Order -> Delivery Note -> Sales Invoice

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Paul Dowd

Sep 29, 2014, 4:49:15 PM9/29/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh,

It is in the delivery note as I mentioned. It is not in delivery note items though. Could that be causing the issue?

Thanks

Paul

On 25-Sep-2014, at 4:14 am, Paul Dowd <pd...@myzealand.com> wrote:

Hi Nabin,

It doesn't work so I'm assuming I did something wrong... here is my screenshot of the field I created.

How will this work when we are always creating the Invoice from Delivery Note? Both SO and DN have the same field so I don't see it being a problem. We follow the "Sales Order -> Delivery Note -> Sales Invoice" process.

Thanks

Paul

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 29, 2014, 9:43:43 PM9/29/14
On 30-Sep-2014, at 2:19 am, Paul Dowd <pd...@myzealand.com> wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

It is in the delivery note as I mentioned. It is not in delivery note items though. Could that be causing the issue?

If its in the Item table in Sales Order, then in needs to be in the Item table in all documents!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/1fe79016-fb97-4426-b290-66ac0e190f68%40googlegroups.com.

Paul Dowd

Sep 29, 2014, 10:44:01 PM9/29/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
OK, so how would I make the po_no in the delivery note in the DN item table equal the po_no in DN?

Nabin Hait

Sep 30, 2014, 12:02:58 AM9/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

I don't thik the po_no field is in item table of sales order. Please ensure that the fieldname is same for all the documents. it is fieldname, not the field label.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/16034844-1c59-4c1a-91f1-bdab4461907e%40googlegroups.com.