Change the field type in a doctype after saved.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 20, 2014, 8:06:14 PM8/20/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
When i follow the tutorial library management i made a mistake and in the type of the field from_date i put data instead of date and save. How do i change the field type to date?

Thanks.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 21, 2014, 2:57:03 AM8/21/14
On 21-Aug-2014, at 5:36 am, Lena Rute Nunes <lena...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When i follow the tutorial library management i made a mistake and in the type of the field from_date i put data instead of date and save. How do i change the field type to date?

Edit the DocType! If that gives you an error, You can delete the field and make a new one.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
>
> 1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
> 2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
> 3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
> 4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/672234e3-72d2-420c-bc27-475c749422f8%40googlegroups.com.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 21, 2014, 5:04:20 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. But when i try to edit the doctype i get this message:

Cannot Edit DocType directly: To edit DocType properties, create / update Custom FieldCustom Script and Property Setter.

Quinta-feira, 21 de Agosto de 2014 7:57:03 UTC+1, rushabh escreveu:
On 21-Aug-2014, at 5:36 am, Lena Rute Nunes <lena...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When i follow the tutorial library management i made a mistake and in the type of the field from_date i put data instead of date and save. How do i change the field type to date?

Edit the DocType! If that gives you an error, You can delete the field and make a new one.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
>
> 1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
> 2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
> 3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
> 4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 21, 2014, 5:08:05 AM8/21/14
On 21-Aug-2014, at 2:34 pm, Lena Rute Nunes <lena...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. But when i try to edit the doctype i get this message:

Cannot Edit DocType directly: To edit DocType properties, create / update Custom FieldCustom Script and Property Setter.

Always login as Administrator for development

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d8533366-0a6f-4508-b6af-a9f86d8556c8%40googlegroups.com.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 21, 2014, 5:20:19 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com