App doesn't show

Luis Fernandes

Sep 1, 2014, 12:35:58 PM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I make an app and all goes well.

The problem know is that my app doesn't show in /desk app page. I did clear cache and bench frappe --install_app mytesteapp.

my desktop.py is:

from frappe import _

def get_data():
return {
"Myapp Teste": {
"color": "#FF99FF",
"icon": "icon-magnet",
"type": "module",
"label": _("MyApp Teste")
}
}

Why this app has type and the web_site chat does not?

Anand Doshi

Sep 1, 2014, 12:48:23 PM9/1/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
What's in your apps modules.txt file?

-Anand.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/f63983f9-ac7e-4c0b-996a-ace4483fd92a%40googlegroups.com.

Luis Fernandes

Sep 1, 2014, 1:06:52 PM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
My modules.txt has just: MyApp Teste.
I found the problem i just don't understand it.
if i remove "type" and i add link just like i show bellow i see the icon.

"type": "module" <- remove
"link": "Module/MyApp Teste" <- add

Can you explain the function of type and link, thanks.

Anand Doshi

Sep 1, 2014, 1:20:55 PM9/1/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Even "type": "module" should've worked. Will have to look into it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/1b2844d6-fb9b-40eb-9911-1aa8d195e04e%40googlegroups.com.

Luis Fernandes

Abu Sayem

Sep 1, 2014, 11:06:07 PM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
You need to create at least one doctype under it then it will show in all application module in the desk

Luis Fernandes

Sep 2, 2014, 5:05:10 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Abu Sayem. It is possible to make one app invisible to the /desk? I mean one app that only control another app... a system app without doctype's.

Luis Fernandes

Sep 2, 2014, 5:12:42 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I thinks i know the answer. If i don't make any doctype it work like a system module without frontend. Is this the only away?

MP

Sep 2, 2014, 6:39:38 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Abu and Luis. This was very helpful for me.
Kind regards,
Mayur Patel