Which allele is the effect allele after SVT (b.wald)?

Carmen F. Bjurstrom

Apr 16, 2020, 3:02:02 AM4/16/20
to EPACTS
Hi!
Does anybody know which of the alleles is the effect allele, after running a single variant test (b.wald) on EPACT?
The marker_Id column provides information about the SNP, example (A/T), A being the reference allele and T being the alternative allele, but
it is unclear to me, which of the two alleles causes the effect?
Grateful for any input. Thank you in advance!

Hyun Min Kang

Apr 16, 2020, 9:31:03 AM4/16/20
to epa...@googlegroups.com
The non-reference allele (T in the example) is always the effect allele.

Hyun.

Carmen F. Bjurstrom

Apr 16, 2020, 9:46:50 AM4/16/20
to EPACTS
Thank you very much!

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 3:31:03 PM UTC+2, Hyun Min Kang wrote:
The non-reference allele (T in the example) is always the effect allele.

Hyun.
Hyun Min Kang, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biostatistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor