Individual Stars PR

Andrew Emerick

Oct 24, 2019, 3:25:46 PM10/24/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

One of my long term goals for a while now is to submit a PR with my individual star formation / stellar feedback and chemical evolution model. I've started actually working towards this a bit cleaning up my code. It will be a large-ish PR, and there are many bits of the code that still need work before its completely ready.

To help me visualize all the parts that still need work, and to motivate me to actually work on this regularly I was wondering if it would be reasonable to open a PR now (or relatively soon) and mark it as a work in progress, with the understanding that I don't have a hard plan for when it will be completely ready. Or, should I hold off a bit to try and minimize the amount of time this sits as a PR?

Cheers,
Andrew
---
Pasadena Fellow in Theoretical Astrophysics
Carnegie Observatories
California Institute of Technology

Greg Bryan

Oct 25, 2019, 8:58:35 AM10/25/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Andrew — I would think a WIP is quite appropriate for this (but others should feel free to disagree).

Greg

Brian O'Shea

Oct 25, 2019, 9:08:58 AM10/25/19
to enzo-dev
I concur - a WIP PR is absolutely appropriate, and I'm happy to look it over and comment on it!

--Brian

Tom Abel

Oct 25, 2019, 9:22:02 AM10/25/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Oh fantastic Andrew. We will be so happy to see what you are up to and perhaps we can even help!!
Tom

Typed on an IPhone. Please excuse typos and surprising autocorrects.

Andrew Emerick

Oct 25, 2019, 1:31:50 PM10/25/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all. I'll open this up as  PR within the next week. Trying to iron out a couple bugs first that came up merging this with all of the updates in the last year or so.

Best,
Andrew

---
Pasadena Fellow in Theoretical Astrophysics
Carnegie Observatories
California Institute of Technology

Wise, John H

Oct 25, 2019, 1:38:56 PM10/25/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
This is great, Andrew! I'd be happy to review the PR next week, and I
agree that it should be a WIP one.

John

--
John Wise