Dealing with JOSS review (sprint on Wednesday 9/11)

Brian O'Shea

Sep 7, 2019, 7:54:26 PM9/7/19
to enzo-dev
Hi Enzo developers,

The first phase of the Journal of Open Source Software review of the Enzo paper, code, and documents has been completed.  The GitHub issue tracking the review can be found at https://github.com/openjournals/joss-reviews/issues/1636 .  In addition, the reviewers (Mike Zingale and Bob Fisher) have opened a bunch of issues on the enzo-dev GitHub project that they have requested we deal with, which you can find at https://github.com/enzo-project/enzo-dev/issues (and which are marked with 'JOSS' in the title).  The editor is now expecting us to address the issues raised by the reviewers.  There are quite a few issues, but I think it will be straightforward to deal with them.

I propose that as many people as are available have a code+documentation sprint on Wednesday, Sept. 11th (this coming Wednesday) so that we can address the issues raised.  I suggest we start at 9 a.m. Eastern time, and coordinate using the #general channel of the enzo-project Slack group.  I don't think it's a problem if people pop in and out - I will certainly have to do so!

If you're willing to help out, please respond to this email to let us know you'll be able to participate.  Thank you!

--Brian

John Regan

Sep 9, 2019, 2:57:26 AM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Yeah count me in.

Cheers,
John

David Collins

Sep 9, 2019, 6:08:36 AM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
I'm unfortunately not available to join you this week, but I'll try to put my eyes on the project early next week.

d.

-- Sent from a computer.

Greg Bryan

Sep 9, 2019, 8:48:18 AM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Brian — Thanks for organizing.  I’m up for this, although due to prior commitments, I will not be able to join until Wed afternoon (~3 pm ET).

Greg

Philipp Grete

Sep 9, 2019, 8:56:59 AM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
I'll be available for a couple of hours that day.

Philipp

Daniel R. Reynolds

Sep 9, 2019, 10:04:00 AM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to join in for a while.  Can someone send me an invite to the slack channel?

-Dan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/enzo-dev/42cb275b-90fa-7e23-03f4-8d7ab46e5a05%40pa.msu.edu.

James Bordner

Sep 9, 2019, 2:25:06 PM9/9/19
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
I can try to help out, though starting a bit later than 9am eastern.

James