Saved games

mjlaw...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2021, 10:31:02 AM6/3/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Given you don’t have save slots, and I would ideally like to have more than one run through going at a time, I thought I could just swap save files around to do this. However I haven’t been able to find the save file. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2021, 2:25:55 PM6/4/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In your documents folder should be a saved game folder. In there are your game files.

Please note. I have never done it. But theoretically speaking it should be possible. And yes you should be able to back up those files and play multiple games. But that will mean back up and replacing those files as you need to. And its just that simple. Take tall those files and back them up into another folder.

In fact I do that a lot. I back up my game files as I go. Just in case I really mess up and need to reload.

shermanator

Jason Symes

Jun 4, 2021, 3:56:36 PM6/4/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
In your documents folder, follow the path
SavedGames\Entombed\EntombedSaves\AllPlayers and you'll find the files
EntombedSave.sav and EntombedWorld.dat, just move those to a different
folder and you've successfully backed-up your current game and are
safe to start a new one.

--
Jason Symes

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2021, 4:17:46 PM6/4/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I knew there were certain files one could save, but never put time into figuring out what they were. Was just easier for me to grab to copy and paste then all then to grab certain files. But that’s just me. LOL.

Thanks for letting me know what files to grab. Do you know if it matters on whether its 1.02 or 1.05? I got to think it does not but just asking.

Shermanator
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/entombedgame/CAOf7%3DdAdao_QrESREjW5x7mhrY3m9BrRu%3DG9JNmWYw6z%2BE9uzw%40mail.gmail.com.

Jason Symes

Jun 4, 2021, 4:34:01 PM6/4/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I don't recall if there's any folder structure differences between
1.02 and 1.05, but it would be the same files regardless. But if
you're asking if a game saved in 1.02 can be played after upgrading to
1.05, no, you'll definitely want to finish off that saved game before
upgrading.

--
Jason Symes

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2021, 12:24:09 AM6/5/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
HI,
Sorry for not being specific enough. I was wondering if the same files can be saved in both versions? I too am assuming yes. This will help me delete some files out of some backed up games I have.

Yep. I Know files are not compatible across versions.

Thanks.

Jason Symes

Jun 5, 2021, 2:03:41 AM6/5/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this has been how saves have worked since the betas as I recall,
so the process is the same in 1.02 and 1.05. And just for reference
purposes, here's what each file in the save folder does.
EntombedWorld.dat is the current game's dungeon map, which includes
items lying around in corridors and rooms, the party members not yet
rescued, stores, chests, etc. EntombedSave.sav is where your current
game's inventory, map location, your rescued party, and other such
stats get saved. EntombedGlobal.dat is where unlocked keys (I.E.
additional races) are saved. EntombedPreferences.dat are where your
game preferences get saved. EntombedBones.dat is a database where any
defeated members of your party get stored that can be revived by enemy
necros in future games. And the hsh file is your past high scores.
Hope it helps.

--
Jason Symes

Louise Pfau

Jun 5, 2021, 12:45:52 PM6/5/21
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi.  I've got 1.02K, but I don't know if 1.05B is a newer version.  I don't think it's on the website.  Was it a beta of some kind, and if so, is there a link to get it?  I know people have mentioned it before.  Are there other files you have to install?

Thanks,

Louise

Jason Symes

Jun 5, 2021, 1:05:25 PM6/5/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
The main change between 1.02k and 1.05b that I recall was the lock
pick bug was fixed. It was never put out as a full release because the
developer used a different installer, and it tended to be a bit
cranky, failing to install the prerequisits properly for some people,
though there is a way to run those prerequisits yourself to get things
working correctly. But if you're not bothered by the lock pick bug,
I'd recommend just sticking with 1.02k, far less hassle with install.
HTH

--
Jason Symes

Daniel Eiffert

Jun 6, 2021, 5:54:36 PM6/6/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I only know it for windows.
in windows-explorer in a folder like
"my documents\saving games\entombedsaves\allPlayer\"
There are two importent files for some save-options and for some cheats.
entombedSaving.sav
save the gameplay, inventory, char- and group-things and so on.
entombedWorld.dat
includes all saved map-informations, also items that laying on the
flores, max reached flor/(level) and so on.