Issues with Entombed and Windows 10

Louise Pfau

Aug 14, 2020, 10:52:08 PM8/14/20
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi.  I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I’ve noticed a few minor issues with “Entombed”.  When the game starts, I get a spoken message that the selected voice is unavailable, and to go to “Preferences” to change it.  I went there and the settings I wanted were still selected.  One of my characters has a negative number of ability points in their status section.  Has anyone else come across this?  I know that “Entombed” is no longer in development.  When I originally sent this message through my third-party E-mail client, I received an "Undeliverable" notification.

Thanks,

Louise

Adriano Soldaini

Aug 14, 2020, 11:16:22 PM8/14/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi all, just wondering if somebody can email me the email to send messages to the entombed chat group because I’ve deleted the email which I had written in a document and can’t email the group.

Adriano

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Amy Herstein

Aug 17, 2020, 7:59:09 AM8/17/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I think that I can partially answer your question. I don't believe
that the voices available in 7 are still available in 10. Windows 10
has, in my opinion, some better voices to pick from. I run my Entombed
in a Windows 7 virtual machine, which is basically a way of running 7
on a computer that's not Windows 7 (I currently have an Apple). The
voice that is standard, Microsoft Anna, has thankfully been
discontinued, so I think it would force you to choose another one.

Amy

Louise Pfau

Aug 17, 2020, 4:36:55 PM8/17/20
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi.  I agree that Windows 10 has better voices, and that "Microsoft Anna" is gone.  When I went into "Preferences", it indicated that "Microsoft David" was the current selection.  That's interesting because I have JAWS set as my synthesizer.

Thanks,

Louise

Richard Schultz

Aug 24, 2020, 7:54:07 AM8/24/20
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hey not sure how this stuff works but I tried to download entombed on windows 10.  I went and downloaded the 2 links from driftwood. I get a voice that says error.  I use to have an old account on my old computer.