some questions and an intro

Michael Hoffman

Sep 3, 2020, 7:10:37 AM9/3/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hello peoples of the entombed community.

I've just started getting into this game seriously after years of just
dabbling.  First and most important question. will there be an entombed 2?

Now  on to more in depth questions. does anyone have suggestions for
race class combos and also should i raise armor skills and weapons or
just the main class skills?

finally i've tried selling things on the bizarre is there a way to get
more trade coins like from donating? Thanks and hope to hear from some
of you.

Dakotah Rickard

Sep 3, 2020, 10:30:59 AM9/3/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
First, welcome.

Selling at the bazaar is the only way to get trade coins. On the other hand, the bazaar resets from time to time, basically auto-selling everything, so just list good stuff that people will buy or at least stuff that's super expensive. I try to maintain a combination of both.

Also, consider the following idea. There are lots of races in Entombed. Generally, the more massive the race, the more fighty the class, but that's not always true. Dwarves and ogres make great fighters, barbarians, etc. but that doesn't mean you can't play a mage ogre, just that it's a little harder. On the other hand, especially at the beginning, the ogre's size, toughness, and health really come in handy as a mage. On the other hand, less massive races, elves, goblins, faeries, tend to make good magic users or dexterity users. But again, I've played successful elven fighters.
I admit I generally don't raise defensive skills very often, armor, shields/bucklers, dodge. But I often raise weapon skills, and it makes a difference, but ,be choosey. Maybe raise a weapon skill once you figure out what kind of weapon the character will use exclusively, because raising more than one weapon to level 3 or higher, where you really start seeing improvements, is expensive. Also, some games, I have almost entirely forgone main class skills in favor of offensive skills or bonuses like critical hit, sneak attack, etc.
Thinking soon about playing a variant where I do boost armor and defensive skills pretty high. I've probably played Entombed 200 times, beaten it 75 to 80 percent of that number. It's still fun, after all this time. Don't be afraid to play hard and experiment.
Dakotah Rickard
Phone: (336) 662-2423
E-Mail: Dakotah...@GMail.com

> On Sep 3, 2020, at 07:10, Michael Hoffman <michaelho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello peoples of the entombed community.
>
> I've just started getting into this game seriously after years of just dabbling. First and most important question. will there be an entombed 2?
>
> Now on to more in depth questions. does anyone have suggestions for race class combos and also should i raise armor skills and weapons or just the main class skills?
>
> finally i've tried selling things on the bizarre is there a way to get more trade coins like from donating? Thanks and hope to hear from some of you.

Jason Symes

Sep 3, 2020, 1:44:47 PM9/3/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
About an Entombed 2, the game developer had started an Entombed 2
alpha I guess you'd call it, but that was before he abandoned the
original Entombed. Since the original Entombed has been abandoned,
there have been no new versions of 2, so I think it's safe to say that
project is also abandoned. If I'm wrong, hopefully Jason Allen will
chime in, but the Entombed 2 alpha was about 5 years ago and nothing
since, so ...

As far as armor and weapons skills, I usually only bother with those
on tank characters, such as fighter-brawler or adventurer-fighter.
Magical characters usually don't benefit much from improved armor or
weapon skills, so I prefer to put all the points into the magical
attacks, healing, that sort of thing, and will only bother with
weapons or armor skills if I've already maxed out the magical skills.
And as far as race and class combos go, whenever I get a fighter, if
it be an ogre I'll pair it with brawler (an orge fighter-brawler can
restrain pretty much any enemy, which then makes the enemy a very dead
target for the rest of your group), otherwise I'll usually pair
fighter with barbarian. Adventurer, regardless race, I always pair
with fighter, they also can make a wicked tank if you up the whips
skill, though thief also isn't a bad choice. Just remember, the way
the game works, it's always best to pair magical primary class
character a magical secondary class, and same with a more physical
primary class character, otherwise you'll dilute it's effectiveness
with skill points, magic points, etc. The only exception to this rule
is the bard class, and that's because there's a long-standing bug
where the bard can continue playing its instruments even when there's
no skill points left, but of course if the other class requires skill
points to use, you'll still need to rest to recover those. Ranger I
like to pair with wanderer and vice versa of course.

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Symes

paul...@sky.com

Sep 4, 2020, 5:39:49 AM9/4/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, so firstly welcome to entombed, it's an old game now, but still a personal favourite for me as one of the first audio games I played. There is a small work around to get more trade coins which I'll explain in a moment. Regarding class's though I think the bard is one of the most useful class's, I increase I think it's called siren up to max and you can cast it straight away if your bard is quick enough and have the enemies fight themselves, which can come in really handy for named enemies, Neckro is also a very powerful class with its magic attack (which can be aimed for head shots and instant kills) plus their ability to raise the dead comes in handy, especially if you can raise one of the boss's (although not all can be raised)As for trade coins, there is a kind of cheat/work around to get more trade coins. I would encourage you to avoid the work around on your first play through to get the most out of the game first. Please anyone reading this, Don't read any further if you don't want to know a possible cheat/work around regarding trade coins in Entombed

Cheat spoiler ahead...

Now I haven't played entombed for a long while, so there's a chance this won't work, but then Entombed hasn't been updated for ages so I'm pretty sure it will still work. Firstly if you list something in the bizarre after a certain amount of days if the item hasn't sold, it will disappear from your list of items you are selling and you will automatically receive the trade coins for the item. So its worth putting up those expensive items you don't want, even if you don't think they will sell. This is a long process since I think items might list for 30 days before they auto sell (although I could be wrong on that number, like I said I haven't played in a while). Now for the kind of cheat/work around part, if you save before you go to the bizarre, then head there sell all your expensive stuff, then exit entombed without saving, due to how the bizarre is a real time selling market place, once you list something there it is auto saved in the bizarre since this is an online mechanic. So this means all your stuff is listed on the bizarre, but you should be able to reload your game from the last save point and still have all the equipment you just sold to the bizarre, but also have a duplicate of that stuff being sold in the bizarre too. This way you can sell all the stuff you would usually want to keep , but still keep it at the same time, this should help increase your trade coins, especially if you bear in mind my first point about the bizarre auto selling something after it has sat idle in the bizarre for so long. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy entombed.

Paul Lemm