entombed on win11

mjonss...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 3:51:17 AM7/26/21
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
it will install but not run. so dont try

Jason Symes

Jul 26, 2021, 6:23:50 PM7/26/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious what version of Entombed you're trying to install of the
game, the older 1.02k or 1.05b? Reason I ask is if all of 1.05b's
prequisits don't correctly install, installation will appear to have
completed successfully, but the game won't operate when you attempt to
launch it, regardless what version of Windows you're trying to install
the game on.

--
Jason Symes

mattias

Jul 29, 2021, 9:31:01 AM7/29/21
to Jason Symes, entomb...@googlegroups.com
i now get the following error when try to start

Version:  1.05B Test
Jobs:  |
 Message: Song playback failed. Please verify that the song is not DRM
protected. DRM protected songs are not supported for creator games.
 Source: Microsoft.Xna.Framework
 TargetSite: Void Play(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.Song)
 Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
 Stack:    vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaQueue.Play(Song song)
   vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.Play(Song song)
   vid AudioGame1.GameMedia.Play(GameMusic music)
   vid AudioGame1.Game1.Initialize()
   vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   vid AudioGame1.Program.Main(String[] args)

and i dont have any custom music in the game
On 2021-07-29 00:09, Jason Symes wrote:

> Then it's perfectly possible the problem isn't Windows 11 itself
> causing the game not to run, but the fact that the game's installer
> didn't correctly install all the prerequisits correctly, which is a
> known problem with 1.05b's installer. Usually the tricky req that
> fails is the SQL Compact, which you can download and install manually
> and should get your game running correctly. Here's the link to the SQL
> Compact 3.5 SP2, and make sure to follow the instructions in the
> install.txt depending upon whether you're using 64-bit Windows or
> 32-bit, as not following the instructions in that file will result in
> things still not working correctly..
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5783
>
> Once the SQL Compact is properly installed, try launching the game
> again, hopefully that'll get you up and running. Good luck.
>
> On 7/28/21, mattias jonsson <mjonss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> the newer 1.05b
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/entombedgame/CAOf7%3DdCvCKLOy8LVxh7KohGk8OLkpjc%2B1Qgh6_9%2B3fY0i808Pg%40mail.gmail.com.

squi...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2021, 6:17:47 AM7/30/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
enes sarıbaş posted the following information a while ago. See if this helps.

Make sure windows media player is installed in windows 10 optional features.

How you do this I do not know. Never had to look into it.

HTH.

Shermanator
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/entombedgame/28ef02e0-d4fc-5b1b-707e-2c1606a6fd16%40gmail.com.

mattias