fixed my entombed

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 5:27:47 PM6/5/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Well folks,

I decided to tackle this. And with a bit of success.

So I first tried to fix 1.02k. I reinstalled the version K patch with no luck.  So went back and installed versions I, J, and K.  All with no luck.

So I started to fixing 1.05B. Ran the installer and no luck there.

Ok. Last thing to tackle is the Sql files. Went into add/remove programs and removed both sql files. Then re-installed them over again. Now both versions work. Only problem so far is I get a version mismatch when trying to reload my game in 1.05. not sure I can fix this but going to give it a try. But at least now the games are back up and running. Think if this happens again will just start with the 2 sql files.

Hope this info helps others fix their problem. The problem with installing fresh with no account and getting it to unlock that I am not sure of.

Happy gaming.

Shermanator

Jason Symes

Jun 6, 2020, 4:04:36 AM6/6/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Was this a save file from the 1.02x series that you tried to load
after getting 1.05b running when you got the file mismatch error? If
so, that's the prob right there, old saves don't work in newer
versions.

--
Jason Symes

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2020, 4:12:37 AM6/6/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Nope. The 1.02 game loaded just fine. It was the 1.05 game that did not load.

Shermanator

squi...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2020, 5:11:52 AM6/6/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Well slap me silly, dip me in butter and call me slippery when wet. Got me thinking. So I did some investigating and now I have a serious dent in my forehead. Let this be a lesson to us all. If you re-install the game you still need to unlock it to full version. Once I did that the game loaded just fine.

So now both versions are working on my win 10 system and I am one happy clam. Had I lost my game it would have not been anything to cry over. Was only on level 14. So played a level and all works just fine.

Shermanator