Date format other than yyyy-mm-dd

Jan Cirpka

Apr 30, 2021, 11:42:54 AM4/30/21
to enketo-users
As it seems dates are to be entered in the yyyy-mm-dd format. The local browser settings are not applied (which would be in my 'Dutch' case dd-mm-yyyy). Curious why this is, I quickly peeked into the generated code and see indeed that the control is of type 'text' with a date widget attached to it.
Before digging deeper, is there any way to set it e.g. to the dd-mm-yyyy format?

Martijn van de Rijdt

May 3, 2021, 12:51:45 PM5/3/21
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

There isn't a way to change the format. What you're referring to is the underlying data format. When entering a date manually without using the picker that's what has to be entered. This is because dates are complex enough already and we're assuming the datepicker is used for most date entries.

You can use format-date() to display or convert a date.

Cheers,
Martijn

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 9:42 AM Jan Cirpka <jan.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
As it seems dates are to be entered in the yyyy-mm-dd format. The local browser settings are not applied (which would be in my 'Dutch' case dd-mm-yyyy). Curious why this is, I quickly peeked into the generated code and see indeed that the control is of type 'text' with a date widget attached to it.
Before digging deeper, is there any way to set it e.g. to the dd-mm-yyyy format?

Pushing data since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

--
Revolutionizing data collection since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog