Noam Chomsky on the Evolution of Language: A Bio-linguistic Perspective

Gurumurthy K

Sep 26, 2016, 12:19:44 AM9/26/16
to englishstf, hindistf, stfurdu, kannadastf, karnataka_teachereducators, indianteach...@googlegroups.com, htfkarnataka, TSICTCurricu...@googlegroups.com, karnatakash...@googlegroups.com, mathssciencestf, socialsciencestf, koer
Perhaps enabling our students to love language and reading is the most important ability that a school can give to students  ....

.... language permits us (in their words) to construct "from 25 or 30 sounds an infinite variety of expressions, which although not having any resemblance in themselves to that which passes through our minds, nevertheless do not fail to reveal all of the secrets of the mind, and to make intelligible to others who cannot penetrate into the mind all that we conceive and all of the diverse movements of our souls.".......

read more at http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/37725-noam-chomsky-on-the-evolution-of-language-a-biolinguistic-perspective
for  an interview with Noam Chomsky, the scholar who single-handedly revolutionized the modern field of linguistics, the interview discusses the evolution of language and lays out the bio-linguist perspective -- the idea that a human being's language represents a state of some component of the mind.

regards
Guru

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net