FYI- - Example how to use Emscripten with Visual Studio 2019

Brian Gavin

May 30, 2020, 10:12:52 AM5/30/20
to emscripten-discuss
Hello I have created an example of how to have Emscripten run with Visual Studio 2019 using CMake.   If people find it useful I may create some more complex examples.

Brian Gavin

Alon Zakai

Jun 1, 2020, 4:09:02 PM6/1/20
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

I think it would be useful to have examples like this in the main docs, or linked from them.

Perhaps open a PR with a link to this, and we can discuss further there?

Sam Clegg

Jun 2, 2020, 12:17:02 AM6/2/20
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
How is this different to just run `./emcmake cmake <project>` ?   Doesn't that generate a visual studio project by default on windows?

Brian Gavin

Jun 3, 2020, 7:57:49 AM6/3/20
to emscripten-discuss
@Sam
I tried running emcmake cmake project and I got this error.
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/Users/bgavi/stuff" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

The biggest difference in my example is that the helper file CMakeSetting.json has been setup so that you can use some common setting in a GUI in MSVC such as linker and compiler flags.