Max voltage

Xandro Media

Apr 29, 2021, 3:15:08 PM4/29/21
to Ellert
Hello. I just got a City El or Ellert Its a 36 volt with black motor ttl140b version. What is maximum voltage So I can go a bit faster. Do you reccomend  a 14s li ion?
Who can help me go a bit faster then 45km/h

Also I believe I have a swing in my wheel. Can I repair that?

Thanks

Flemming Poulsen

Apr 29, 2021, 3:30:57 PM4/29/21
to ell...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the voltage is not the real problem - it is the current. That motor is designet to 2,5 Kw. Fore short period I have used about 13 Kw - but be careful it will get hot and other komponents could be damage
I do not use this over 55 volts.
Take care of the speed it is not fun over 65.
Regards Flemming

Apr 29, 2021, 3:48:10 PM4/29/21
to Ellert

13kw? I just want to go about 55 or So. Just with the rest of the traffic. But you say it’s about the current? Can I increase the current? What should you suggest? 13s? Or just 12s?

Thanks

Sander

Flemming Poulsen

Apr 29, 2021, 3:55:31 PM4/29/21
to ell...@googlegroups.com
No - it is desinet to 2,5 KW - it will be too hot.

Sendt: 29. april 2021 21:48
Til: Ellert <ell...@googlegroups.com>
Emne: Re: Max voltage

Alan Lyman

Apr 29, 2021, 4:59:54 PM4/29/21
to ell...@googlegroups.com

Hi. There Are three connections on the top on the motor. The middle one should have a thinner Wire. This is the Compound. Disconnect this wire and isolate it, and you should go faster. Normally up to about 60km/h

Alan

Sendt fra min Sony Xperia-smartphone

---- Xandro Media skrev ----
Hvis du vil se denne diskussion på nettet, skal du besøge https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ellert/35cc806c-6f01-4d68-b882-3ab9a91f3c32n%40googlegroups.com.

pavlik marinov

Apr 30, 2021, 2:40:26 AM4/30/21
to ell...@googlegroups.com
Hello Xandro,

The motor can have different configurations, if putting resistor in series to compound winding it spin faster, disconnecting the compound get even faster but loosing torque.

For test, put a switch near you and disconnect the compound when rolling with 30km/h then gas and see your max speed.

I drove it with 52V and it goes faster than 45, maybe 60km/h

Cheers

P.

Flemming Poulsen

Apr 30, 2021, 5:10:39 AM4/30/21
to ell...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have been driving without compound windin connectet and you will feel no change.
60 km/h on 36 volts, no problem, but speed costs. I found best best speed at 44 km/h.
regards
Flemming