[ANN] TucoTuco - Capybara like testing for web stuff

Stuart Coyle

Mar 2, 2014, 10:24:08 PM3/2/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
I had a productive weekend. I have written a library providing a nice DSL on top
of my Elixir-WebDriver stuff for testing of web application with Elixir.

You can get it at:

Like all new things, this has some missing bits and unpolished corners but it
should certainly be useful.

Please try it and enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, then maybe use Hound (https://github.com/HashNuke/hound) instead, which is also excellent.

Creative criticism, bug fixes and PR's welcome.
--
Stuart Coyle
stuart dot coyle at gmail dot com

Devin Torres

Mar 3, 2014, 1:01:57 AM3/3/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Stuart--

This is really cool. I recommend using :os.timestamp instead of :erlang.now in https://github.com/stuart/tuco_tuco/blob/master/lib/tuco_tuco/retry.ex unless you absolutely require each sucessive call to be a unique timestamp, as :erlang.now forcefully pumps the VM clock.

Stuart Coyle

Mar 3, 2014, 2:11:00 AM3/3/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Point taken, will fix.

Bryan Webb

Aug 18, 2016, 4:15:47 PM8/18/16
to elixir-lang-talk
I would like to use tucotuco to drive a webb app (login, get web page, scrape a table)
I am new to elixir and if there is a simple example to start from I would be most appreciative.

regards
Bryan

Onorio Catenacci

Aug 18, 2016, 4:46:36 PM8/18/16
to elixir-lang-talk
Given that you mention you're new to Elixir I'm assuming you're working off of the most recent version of Elixir (1.3.x).  If so it's quite possible that TucoTuco may not work with it.  It would help to give you advice if you could maybe tell us if you're getting an error of some sort.  What have you tried already?

Onorio

Stuart Coyle

Aug 18, 2016, 5:51:01 PM8/18/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
I've been slack and havent updated it for a while. Will do some work on TucoTuco next weekend at the inaugural Australian ElixirCamp! http://elixir.camp

Bryan Webb

Aug 19, 2016, 9:59:13 AM8/19/16
to elixir-lang-talk
Thnaks for the replies.
No errors.
I have been looking for a web scraping package  as an initial use case for elixir.
I would be interested ina any other suggestions other than tucotuco.

I will also post on the other forum.

Once again, thanks!!!

Regards

Bryan