[Proposal] Add flag --changed-files to mix format

Dario Heinisch

Nov 7, 2023, 6:35:58 AM11/7/23
to elixir-lang-core
Hi,

Running mix format on larger projects can be slow since it checks every file. I don't think there is currently a way to run it on changed files only. Users could run `mix format $(git diff --name-only)` to achieve that but I am wondering whether it might be worth also adding this as a flag directly to mix format.

I am not sure how this would be implemented. Since the elixir compiler only compiles changed files maybe we could leverage the same code?

I would be happy to take a look at this if this proposal is accepted.

Best regards,
Dario

José Valim

Nov 7, 2023, 4:04:24 PM11/7/23
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
This feature is now in main and it happens automatically.

Message has been deleted