[Proposal] ExUnit - Halt on first fail

Hylke Alons

Aug 24, 2018, 3:45:34 AM8/24/18
to elixir-lang-core
Hi guys,

I would like to propose a feature to ExUnit. From time to time when functionality changes, many tests might fail.

I'd like an option `--halt-on-first-failure` to solve them one by one, rather than having to copy the path with file number for every test that fail.

What do you think?

Steve Morin

Aug 24, 2018, 3:55:05 AM8/24/18
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
That’s a feature I’ve used in other setups/languages.  Two thumbs up

José Valim

Aug 24, 2018, 4:04:10 AM8/24/18
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
We have already approved a --max-failures option but the implementation was not completed. So a PR is definitely welcome.

You can see the previous PR here for the discussion but note that a different approach has to be taken: https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/7480

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

On Aug 24, 2018, at 00:45, Hylke Alons <pr...@hylkealons.nl> wrote:

Hi guys,

I would like to propose a feature to ExUnit. From time to time when functionality changes, many tests might fail.

I'd like an option `--halt-on-first-failure` to solve them one by one, rather than having to copy the path with file number for every test that fail.

What do you think?

Message has been deleted