SumTotalLMS

Octavio Rodriguez

Jul 18, 2018, 10:14:57 PM7/18/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hi

I have been trying to find SumTotalLMS API documentation, I thought it is worthy to post here in case someone here knows of any resource related to their API.

I already sent a couple of email to SumTotal contact email but I haven't had a response yet.

Thank you.
Best

Raymond Sugel Sr

Jul 19, 2018, 4:33:22 PM7/19/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hello,

My firm uses SumTotal Enterprise and after 4 years I have yet to find one.  Their documentation is VERY sparse.

Ray

Philip Hutchison

Jul 19, 2018, 10:57:35 PM7/19/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Octavio

Not sure which API you're looking to use, to my knowledge, TotalLMS has more than one.

I haven't used TotalLMS for years, but I do have some old SCORM-related documentation from around 2004-2005, see attached. What's confusing is that SumTotal (the company) has acquired many smaller LMS products over the years and incorporated it into their SumTotal product line. For TotalLMS, the underlying system used to be called "Aspen".

Knowing SumTotal's reluctance to update their codebase, the info in this doc is probably still accurate.

Hope it helps
- philip

Working with the API for SCORM Extensions in Aspen.pdf

Philip Hutchison

Jul 19, 2018, 10:59:06 PM7/19/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Also, SumTotal has a customer portal with many resources like this one. If you don't have access to their portal, try getting in touch with your SumTotal account rep.