Custom Interaction problems

samanth...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2020, 7:25:39 AM11/8/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hello,
I am trying to set up a custom interaction.
Our LMS uses Scorm 2004 V3 to report at the question level.
It seems that I'm able to pass the answer but the debug logs show that there's an error with timestap? And I am not passing any timestap information and I don't think the documentation says that we have to for the fill in interaction.
Do you know what the issue is?

Thanks for your help.
testEmailDebugScreenShot.png

samanth...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2020, 7:33:59 AM11/8/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
I thought I shoud post what I'm using... thanks,

//
let SD = window.parent;

let email = document.querySelector('#email');

function submitMessage (e){
    let strID = 'question 1'
let strResponse = email.value;
let blnCorrect = false;
let strDescription = 'This_is_for_email'
let strCorrectResponse =email.value;

    blnCorrect=true;
submitSCORM(strID,strResponse,blnCorrect,strCorrectResponse,strDescription);

}

function submitSCORM(strID,strResponse,blnCorrect,strCorrectResponse,strDescription){
    if(strResponse ===''){
        return;
    } else {
        SD.SCORM2004_RecordFillInInteraction(strID,strResponse,blnCorrect,strCorrectResponse,strDescription, 1,1, 'fill-in-example');
    }
}

Philip Hutchison

Nov 9, 2020, 12:04:03 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samantha

The code you provided is using a wrapper of some kind and is not plain JS/SCORM syntax.

Looking at the log, I'm curious if your wrapper is introducing the error. While you may not be manually specifying the latency value, your wrapper may be trying to automate it for you. Lines 171-173 show the submitted value for the latency timestamp is "PTOS", which is clearly not a valid timestamp. I have not worked with whatever wrapper you are using, so I can't say for sure. You may want to check with the wrapper's author.

Good luck
- philip

Ryan Meyer

Nov 9, 2020, 3:09:40 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
I think “PT0S” is a valid timespan string in SCORM 2004 (P being the starting delimiter for all timespan strings, T indicating the time portion and 0S indicating 0 seconds.)

The issue appears to pop up later when your wrapper is trying to calculate some other time span or time stamp (it’s not clear which), but is getting Not A Number (NaN) when trying to look up the time to convert.

I’d be surprised if setting an invalid time stamp causes the rest of the SCORM communication to break down though. Are you not seeing the other properties that you successfully sent up being reported?

-Ryan

Philip Hutchison

Nov 9, 2020, 3:30:10 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Duh I was reading it as a O and not a 0. Happy Monday

Philip Hutchison

Nov 9, 2020, 3:30:56 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Good catch, Ryan

Ryan Meyer

Nov 9, 2020, 3:31:27 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you’re using SCORM Driver. My best guess is that you have an out of date version that relied on Date string parsing - a format which has changed a bit over the years in how different browsers support it.

Maybe see if there’s an updated SCORM Driver that can be downloaded from Rustici? (Or if you’re using an authoring tool that has it bundled, maybe the tool has an update?)

Sorry that’s not more helpful. But as I said before, I’d be surprised if that alone caused your other values not to be stored properly.

-Ryan

Samantha Lowe

Nov 9, 2020, 6:09:22 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm trying to pull a report on the question and  the lms won't  read it. I use the scormcloud wrapper and inserted my content in the scorm content folder following a tutorial.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eLearning Technology and Development" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elearning-technology-and-development/AA11CE01-3C01-4A76-865C-E6FA34A378CB%40gmail.com.

Ryan Meyer

Nov 9, 2020, 6:19:28 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Try testing the course on SCORM Cloud first (https://rusticisoftware.com/products/scorm-cloud/) It’s free and has extensive logging. You’ll be able to verify if your information is being saved correctly. If it doesn’t work there, you’ll be able to track down the issue much more quickly. If it DOES work there, then you’re stuck in the fun process of figuring out what workarounds you need for your LMS.

Many LMSs I’ve worked with don’t even support reporting on SCORM objectives! Have you been able to verify that objective reporting works for any other courses in your LMS?

-Ryan

Samantha Lowe

Nov 9, 2020, 9:45:07 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
I know the question level SCORM 2004 reporting works in the lms. I tested it with storyline . I'll double check the scormcloud  logs.
 Thanks for helping me trouble shoot!

Samantha Lowe

Nov 9, 2020, 9:46:48 PM11/9/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I was just trying to get the question response to report out. I copied the objective part from the tutorial.