Problem with svd?

Magnus MacHale-Gunnarsson

Jan 13, 2021, 4:52:37 AM1/13/21
to efficient-java-matrix-library-discuss
Hello everybody and especially Peter,

I first want to express my gratitude for this project. It is awesome!

I am trying to do a Singular Value Decomposition (using SimpleMatrix). When I use Apache Commons Math3 it works, but with EJML I get "Decomposition failed". What do you need from me to be able to find the problem?

Best regards,

  MagnusMG

Magnus MacHale-Gunnarsson

Jan 13, 2021, 9:48:30 AM1/13/21
to efficient-java-matrix-library-discuss
Sorry, forget about that. The matrix I used had NaN in every cell...

  MagnusMG

Peter A

Jan 13, 2021, 10:37:10 AM1/13/21
to efficient-java-mat...@googlegroups.com
No problem! I've considered adding sanity checks to see if there are NaN on input, but that is too expensive when dealing with small matrices. There is a built in function for that check in MatrixFeatures.

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.