Get score for a user in a course

Alberto Luque

May 24, 2016, 1:06:55 PM5/24/16
to General Open edX discussion
Hi,

I need get the grade for a complete course (or section, subsection, etc) for a user inside of a xblock. I've tried using the way of the progress tab because in the progress tab is the summary I need. But when I call grades.progress_summary function, the function raises the exception "TransactionManagementError: Cannot be inside an atomic block.".

Is there any way to get the current total score of a user in a course?

Thanks

Luiz Aoqui

Jul 10, 2016, 12:26:15 PM7/10/16
to General Open edX discussion
Hi Alberto,

I am trying to do something similar (get user score in a course fro an XBlock) and I am having the same issue....were you able to figure out a solution by any chance?

Thanks.

Avijeet Tomer

Oct 12, 2016, 12:22:12 PM10/12/16
to General Open edX discussion
Hi Alberto and Luiz,

I also have the same requirement, get user's section/subsection/unit score into my xblock, were you able to figure out how to get it?

Thank you!

Luiz Aoqui

Oct 12, 2016, 1:08:03 PM10/12/16
to General Open edX discussion
"Yes"...but I ended up cheating for now (https://github.com/bigdatauniversity/edx-platform/commit/7a5788e8fd4c8c613c108077482a491381574ded).

I am still interested in a better solution if anybody has one :)