Can't restrict access to a unit based on cohorts or enrollment track

Tirtha Pavana das

Jul 30, 2017, 5:50:38 PM7/30/17
to General Open edX discussion
Here: http://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/edx-partner-course-staff/en/latest/developing_course/course_units.html#set-access-restrictions-for-a-unit
it is said, that one can hide a unit from some cohorts. I turned on the cohorts and created learning groups, but this feature of restricting access to some cohorts is not shown in the menu. Why?

Christina Roberts

Aug 1, 2017, 3:32:38 PM8/1/17
to General Open edX discussion
Hi Tirtha,

What do you mean by "created learning groups"? The visibility settings work for Content Groups and Enrollment Tracks (if there is more than one enrollment mode in the course). Cohorts can be linked to content groups, but cohorts themselves will not show in the visibility settings.

I hope that helps,
Christina

Tirtha Pavana das

Aug 4, 2017, 3:03:15 PM8/4/17
to General Open edX discussion

Christina Roberts

Aug 4, 2017, 3:07:21 PM8/4/17
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Are you using edX-platform master, or one of the named releases? This is a feature that was recently merged to master, and it will be in the next named release (Ginkgo).

Tirtha Pavana das

Aug 9, 2017, 2:58:26 AM8/9/17
to General Open edX discussion
Oh, that's great!
We had Ficus, but then we tried to update it to master. But this function didn't appear. May be we did the update in a wrong way? Could you help with a link on how to update ficus to masters properly?

Emeric LEBON

Oct 26, 2018, 3:24:34 AM10/26/18
to General Open edX discussion
Hi. Ginkgo user here. I've installed OpenEDX ginkgo using Ansible and installation options but I can't restrict unit access to specific groups either...