Ficus.1 is here!

Ned Batchelder

Feb 23, 2017, 11:50:12 AM2/23/17
to opene...@googlegroups.com, edx-...@googlegroups.com, openedx-...@googlegroups.com
Everyone, I am very pleased to announce the availability of the first official Ficus release: Ficus.1

Ficus is the first Open edX release to run on Ubuntu 16.04.  Installation options are here: https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OpenOPS/Open+edX+Installation+Options.  Because of the switch from Ubuntu 12.04 to 16.04, there is no update procedure from Eucalyptus. You must install a new machine with Ficus.

For early adopters: Ficus.1 is the same as Ficus.1rc4.

The docs and release notes are not yet updated, we'll be doing that next.

Big thanks to everyone for their patience and feedback during the RC phase. Your accurate reporting of your experiences helped make this a solid release.

--Ned.

mr...@teltek.es

Feb 24, 2017, 3:02:51 AM2/24/17
to General Open edX discussion, opene...@googlegroups.com, openedx-...@googlegroups.com
Good news! We'll try this new release and its improvements.

Sven Marnach

Mar 8, 2017, 1:42:20 PM3/8/17
to edx-...@googlegroups.com, opene...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Joel has posted some more details on the improvements in the Ficus release in the Open edX blog.

If you want to try out Ficus, you can apply for a beta test instance at OpenCraft.Hosting.  All our instances have already been upgraded last week, which we were able to do without any downtime.

Thanks to everyone involved in the release!

--
Sven
@OpenCraft