Joel Barciauskas

Ned Batchelder

Aug 18, 2017, 3:54:35 PM8/18/17
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
We’re sad to announce that Joel Barciauskas, Open Source Engineering Manager, will be leaving edX on August 29th.

As the manager of the Open edX team, Joel has championed many community-centered initiatives and improvements here within edX.  Joel organized the last two Open edX conferences: 2016 at Stanford in Palo Alto, California, and 2017 at Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, Spain. His energy and enthusiasm for the Open edX mission has been a huge asset, and we are going to miss him.

We are actively looking for someone who will continue Joel’s work, focusing exclusively on making the diverse and ever-growing Open edX community better.

EdX remains fully committed to open source, to the Open edX platform, and to the community that has grown up around it.  Our mission is to make quality education available to everyone everywhere.  The Open edX community is a key part of fulfilling that mission.

If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.

--Ned.

mr...@teltek.es

Aug 21, 2017, 11:32:36 AM8/21/17
to General Open edX discussion
That's sad news. Good luck in your future job, Joel!