Ficus.3: MathJax fix

Ned Batchelder

Apr 21, 2017, 4:24:43 PM4/21/17
to opene...@googlegroups.com, openedx-...@googlegroups.com, edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Open edXers,

Today we released Ficus.3, the third release of the Ficus release line of Open edX.  This release has an important fix for MathJax, and a few minor fixes, detailed in the release notes: http://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-release-notes/en/latest/ficus.html#april-2017-ficus-3:
  • MathJax announced that its distribution point for the MathJax library will be shutting down at the end of April. MathJax is now loaded from cdnjs instead.
  • In edx-platform, Django was upgraded from 1.8.17 to 1.8.18.
  • The Analytics applications, including the analytics devstack, have been updated for Ubuntu 16.04.
  • To address a connection pooling issue in Ubuntu 16.04, we’ve changed how we launch new gunicorn web server processes.
If you are using MathJax in your courses, you need to install Ficus.3 before the end of April.

--Ned.