Announcing Cypress RC3; Cypress timeline

Feanil Patel

Jul 25, 2015, 4:47:46 PM7/25/15
to edx-code
Hi everyone,

Today we're announcing Cypress release candidate 3, which we expect to be identical to the final Cypress release. Release candidate 2 was released last Friday, and since then we've added a few fixes:

- Upgrade to the YouTube v3 API, and associated configuration change
- Fix to the `paver run_all_servers` method
- Skipping a test that failed anytime after July 17th :-|

Please take special note that we've added setuptools to Cypress (PR 8961), so your test of RC3 is invaluable to make sure this major change works with your use cases.

Our timeline for the final Cypress release is as follows:

We will have RC3 available for testing for about 4-5 days, cutting the final Cypress release from the RC3 image on or about Tuesday, July 28th. We hope to have a final release in your hands by Thursday, July 30th.

Thank you all for your patience with this process, and your help testing the RCs. Special thanks to Carson Gee, who has helped us identify a few major bugs.

Please reach out with any questions!

Sarina Canelake

Jul 28, 2015, 8:56:42 PM7/28/15
to edx-code
Hi everyone,

Draft release notes for Cypress are available here: http://draft-cypress-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cypress.html

We expect to release the final Cypress release on Friday, or very early next week at the latest.

Thanks for your patience, and help testing! If you find any bugs - with Cypress or the release notes - please post to this forum.

Sarina

Sam Ako

Aug 1, 2015, 4:20:00 AM8/1/15
to General Open edX discussion
Hello Feanil and Sarina,
I'm wondering if there's a definite ETA for the final release of cypress? I'm waiting eagerly :)
In the meantime, I'm working with Cypress RC3, there's this consistent problem I'm having,
I've created a post here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openedx-ops/OMdBZpDWq9U
Please take a look
Thanks

Sarina Canelake

Aug 3, 2015, 10:18:07 AM8/3/15
to edx-code
Hi Sam,

We're following up with the issues some people have pointed out. We really hope to release the final Cypress this week; we should know more by this afternoon and give a more complete update.

Sarina