New Release of edx-opaque-keys (0.4.0)

Calen Pennington

Dec 1, 2016, 1:28:41 PM12/1/16
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

As a heads up, I just released a new version of edx-opaque-keys (the library that we use for constructing keys for courses and XBlocks in Open edX).

In short, this release was to make it so that we never have a situation where two strings that are different deserialize to different OpaqueKey objects. As such, it has the potential to make older stored keys invalid, if they don't fit the canonical patterns (notably, I made current serialization format of the key objects the canonical pattern).

For more details about what key types changed, and how, see the changelog.

This version will be used by edx-platform shortly (as soon as https://github.com/edx/edx-platform/pull/14047 lands).

-Cale