Changing the background colour of the header

Bastiaan Franssen

Mar 19, 2016, 6:51:58 AM3/19/16
to General Open edX discussion
Hi smart people!

Does anyone of you know where exactly I can change the header of open-edx (see attachment). At the place of the red arrow (the grey part) I want to place an image, and I can't seem to figure out where I have to place the image and how I can change the header to use the image as a background.

Perhaps anyone of you guys can help?

Rizky Ariestiyansyah

Mar 21, 2016, 4:30:44 AM3/21/16
to General Open edX discussion
It's simple to add image background to this place.

Go to  /edx/var/edxapp/staticfiles/css and find and edit  lms-main.xxxxxx.css file

find class .home>header then edit the background-image: to

background-image: url("path of image")

Restart lms and done.

Rizky Ariestiyansyah

Mar 21, 2016, 4:33:42 AM3/21/16
to General Open edX discussion

You can try using developer tools before you update in live. hope it help.

Bastiaan Franssen

Aug 3, 2016, 4:29:59 PM8/3/16
to General Open edX discussion
OMG, I did not even see this reply yet!

You, sir, are a king!

Chandrashekhar Patil

May 7, 2018, 2:03:31 AM5/7/18
to General Open edX discussion
Hi, actually i am also changing the background color by image. I am following the procedure told by Rizky. but problem is there are multiple files for  lms-main.xxxxxx.css  so which one to select and multiple  .home>header so where exactly to do these changes. Also i have placed background image file in my theme folder.So can i give that path as "file path". Also how to save file? Please guide me

Bhagvan Kommadi

May 13, 2018, 12:18:35 PM5/13/18
to General Open edX discussion
hi Chandrasekhar,

for changing  the background colour.

shiv om sharma

May 17, 2018, 3:04:16 PM5/17/18
to General Open edX discussion

i changed header of edx byt html. but css is not working .i dont know which csss file need to overide please help me