How to translate to spanish javascript

Luis Miguel Cabezas Granado

Apr 9, 2018, 2:46:31 AM4/9/18
to General Open edX discussion
Hello,

I have an open edx (ginkgo.2) translated into Spanish but some words are still in English.

In the image you can see that the text "Bookmark this image" appears in English when it should be translated.

The javascript that controls that part is in the route: /edx/var/edxapp/staticfiles/course_bookmarks/js/views/bookmark_button.js

How can I translate that part?

Thank you very much.

Mahyar Damavand

Apr 9, 2018, 3:42:52 AM4/9/18
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
JavaScript language catalogs are stored in "~edxapp/edx-platform/{lms,cms}/static/js/i18n/es-419/djangojs.js"
running the following command will collect latest translated strings and update these 2 files.
>  sudo -H -u edxapp bash
>  cd /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform
>  /edx/bin/python.edxapp manage.py lms compilejsi18n --settings=aws
>  /edx/bin/python.edxapp manage.py cms compilejsi18n --settings=aws

don't forget to collect static assets:
>  source /edx/app/edxapp/edxapp_env
>  paver update_assets cms --settings=aws
>  paver update_assets lms --settings=aws

Luis Miguel Cabezas Granado

Apr 9, 2018, 7:21:57 AM4/9/18
to General Open edX discussion
Thank you very much for the reply. It has been very helpful.

I had to also add the translation to the file:

/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/conf/locale/es_419/LC_MESSAGES/djangojs.po

Mahyar Damavand

Apr 9, 2018, 7:37:03 AM4/9/18
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
you're welcome
yes of course. In fact I assumed that already you have translated all the phrases.