Generate different question set in final exam from the library if student doesnot get passing grade

herei...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 1:20:05 AM3/5/18
to General Open edX discussion
With the help of libraries and randomized content block, it is possible to generate different question sets for different students.

What I want to implement is show different question set for a single student if doesnot get the passing grade. Is there such possibilities in latest ginkgo release ?

Colin Fredericks

Mar 5, 2018, 5:20:14 PM3/5/18
to General Open edX discussion
Short answer: No.

Long answer: The edX platform is, by and large, unaware of the learner's grades. There are a few very specific ways in which one can get around that (via subsection prerequisites, entrance exams, or use of the Conditional block), but there is no general way to determine a student's grade and change what they see based on it. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

herei...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 10:35:47 PM3/6/18
to General Open edX discussion
Thank you Colin. Is there any way around to do the same thing by allowing user to generate a different set of question if student desires he can not solve the same set of question?

Colin Fredericks

Mar 7, 2018, 11:02:51 AM3/7/18
to General Open edX discussion
You could do this:
1. Put each question set in its own subsection.
2. Make all those subsections of the same grading type.
3. Drop all but one of the subsections. (For instance, if you have 3 question sets, set the grading scheme to drop 2 of them.)

That way whichever one the student has the highest score on will count, and the other two won't.

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it's the closest thing I can think of right now that isn't really bizarre.

If you want the bizarre option: write each problem so that it randomly creates its text and answers using a Python script, then set randomization to "On Reset". That way when students reset the problem, they'll get a completely different problem. This is probably not the best option, especially if you want to make your data analysis easier later on.

herei...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 11:34:18 PM3/8/18
to General Open edX discussion
Yes I had taken that in to consideration but its just not what I wanted to do. Thanks for your concern Colin. Writing Python script and carrying out migration is a little out of my skills. Without proper illustration, I think its really going to be bizarre task to accomplish.