About Tomorrow

1 view

Edith Cook

Sep 12, 2021, 5:16:39 PM9/12/21
to edith-cook

Dear Friends and Readers,

Last time I mentioned my discussion group, which meets twice a month. Participation is informal—there’s no membership and no sign-up sheet; many people drop in only occasionally. Perhaps you will, too. After tomorrow, our next meeting will be on September 27.

Here is the Zoom link for tomorrow’s gathering at 6:30 PM. (The link is good for subsequent ones also.)

https://zoom.us/j/94217395281?pwd=OGw0cDJtdlg4RjNhblRpVTlwMFdGQT09

The books under discussion will be Where the Crawdads Sing and All the Light We Cannot See. Both novels are extraordinarily satisfying to read. Attached are copies of their dust covers. On the agenda for Sept. 27 are two nonfiction books.

A reminder: My columns have started to appear in the online version of thecheyennepost.com If you type my name into its search engine, you’ll be directed to my writing. It would be nice if you left a comment below one that appealed to you—but  you’ll have to scroll past the ads to the box, “Leave a Comment.”

On another note, an essay of mine has been accepted in the inaugural issue of Syncopation. “Chaos and Consolation” is a look back on a chaotic childhood and teen years and the occasional consolation of music. It’s the first acceptance I’ve had this year—and Syncopation won’t even be released until about February of next year. Syncopation is a journal that solicits creative nonfiction on experiences with music.

I hope to see you virtually tomorrow or next time.

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

Crawdads.jpg
Light.jpg

S. T. Kotowicz

Sep 12, 2021, 10:50:17 PM9/12/21
to edith-cook
Thank you.

- "There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God's finger on man's shoulder." ~Charles Morgan Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. -The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~ Albert Einstein