News from Yours Truly

Edith Cook

May 12, 2022, 1:52:46 PM5/12/22
to edith-cook
Dear Readers and Virtual Conversation Partners,

Last week, despite a sore arm, I traveled to a grandson's college graduation and induction into the military. His younger brother helped me get there, driving my car from Salt Lake City, Utah, to Boise, Idaho--and back. It was good to see family again; the graduate's dad's two brothers flew in from California and Texas, so all three of my adult children were on hand. A lovely event.

Before I left I submitted a favorite essay about two sons and their hunting buddies staying with me to hunt Pronghorn Antelope at my place, which I've dubbed Windy Acres. If you'd like to read it, below is the link, although the editor's headline is not what I would have chosen.

An essay on microscopic life in Yellowstone National Park was published recently also. It's one of my favorites also. The link to it is below the hunting one.

Hailey Ellingham

May 15, 2022, 3:34:44 PM5/15/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edith,
I wanted to read the article about the antelope hunting at Windy Acres. But it appears not to be a 'live' link. Nothing happens when I click on the link.  ?
I also read about the library that is bucking the Banned Book ! Bravo. I am excited for next Monday, 23rd during our book group. Suzan Skaar, the South High School librarian, is happy to speak to us. She can be reached at: skaar...@gmail.com   She advises us to send her a text when we emailed her personal email!  As she is normally on her professional email through the school. Her number is: 307-256-4010. :)    She's read a number of the books:The Hate U Give, Stamped and All Merican Boys ar by black authors and says are very good. Also Mondays Not Coming and Grown by Tiffany D Jackson.  She recommends the articles in Campbell County Wyoming. Do a google search on Banned books Campbell County.
I Had a guest, and I've been busy with the boiler and radiators!
Talk soon!
Hailey

Edith Cook

May 15, 2022, 4:03:32 PM5/15/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hailey and Other Readers,

About the antelope hunt article: to read it, you have to copy and paste the link. I'm creating a page on my website of favorite Cheyenne-Post columns with a "click here" button that gets you straight to the piece in question.

And thanks for the tip about the Campbell County Library's banned books

image.png

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

Hailey Ellingham

May 15, 2022, 4:05:52 PM5/15/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Hailey 🙏💜

Edith Cook

May 16, 2022, 4:28:23 PM5/16/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
I sent you yet another link that doesn't work. Here is the one from my Cheyenne Post website page. This you'll be able to click on . . . or copy and paste, whichever is more convenient.